Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

anyone ever made a 1 handed speeder?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by goomba, Apr 24, 2008.

1. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

anyone ever made a 1 handed speeder?

I've had full iratha's tossed on my bo barb for a while to help him leach cs easier, and given that he's an axer due to getting a 237 ancient axe very cheap, I had the idea of making him a shielded BvS.

http://www.ninefrozentoes.net/jsp/barbedshield.jpg shield now has a pdia in it, and the stacked cr on top of iratha's and hawk for cbf makes me think I'll be close to immune to traditional orbers, and I have experimented in leaping around blizzards quite a bit.

I now also have a 3xx AR 12x dmg, +psn, +cold dmg naga that should help due the trick.

Not like I have a ton of time to experiment with the idea, but I was curious if anyone had gone down the route before?

Another thought was to make a truly bad mannered 1 hander using I think it's ripsaw as a bleeder weapon with a virtually elemental immune speeder barb via the shield+iratha's

with various teleporting hacks combined with the lower range of 1 handed weapons, I know it's an uphill battle already, but for those that use the hacks, I'd probably counter with some bad manners of my own such as loading a chanter, and swapping out for an even higher stacked res shield.

2. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

Re: anyone ever made a 1 handed speeder?

With a naga you'll have range 3, with a ripsaw aswel I think(might have to check that), I made a 1h bvc in 1.09 with a 206 -30 req exec I found. But I didn't slap Iratha's on him at the time nor really max out his frw. I think you should be able to do quite well if you go for pure speed. Your naga has the damage, ar and range, so all the rest of your item can be dedicated to speed and perhaps some res. :)
    Very nice shield you got there btw.

3. HegemonKhan

HegemonKhan IncGamers Member

i think all 2h swords (ripsaw?) are range 3 like nagas.

not sure how swords that can be 1h or 2h works:

i guess when u use sword with 2h it functions as a 2h sword and when u use sword with 1h it functions as a 1h sword. (need verification/correction)

battlehammer(1h)=range 1
    1h swords=range 1-3
    1h maces=range 1-3
    1h axes=range 1-3
    2h maces(excluding maul/mart)=range 1-3
    2h axes(excluding ancient axe)=range 1-3
    2h swords=range 3
    naga(1h)=range 3
    maul/mart(2h)=range 3
    ancient axe(2h)=range 4
    polearms(2h)=range 4-5
    spears(2h)=range 5

this is off hand memory, so corrections are welcome.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  4. WarlockCC

1 handed swords are all range 1 with the exception of the range 2 crystal sword(and it's exceptional counterpart).
    2 handed swords are all range 3 with the exception of the range 2 bastard sword(and it's exceptional counterpart).

The range does not change when using a 2 handed weapon as a 1 handed weapon as far as I know. Otherwise there would be no point in using a exec over a battle hammer. :)

Maces;
    range 1: Club,Mace,War Hammer(and their exceptional counterparts)
    range 2: Spiked Club,Morning Star,Maul(and their exceptional counterparts)
    range 3: Flail, Great Maul(and their exceptional counterparts)

5. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

thx. :) yeah, I'm bored with the game, even though I don't get the time I once had, so I'm grasping a bit. the shield above barely fetched soj+ offers over on a certain other site, so I socked it, and am using it currently.

I wish more folks made ES orbers on classic these days. the bleeder, or a 6 socket naga would be fun to mix up with pamythsts + pemeralds on an "immune" speeder. bad manners to a degree I suppose, but certainly no worse than the various hacks deployed these days.

the barb that's currently built as an axer is clvl 83, and has 14 or 15 into leap, as I was considering using that as a tactic for team duels, even though as I said I just don't duel a lot, let alone in teams.

6. HegemonKhan

warlock or whatever moderator:

i think this list of weapons and their ranges would be a good "guide" or stickied whatever or added to the wiki.

the item generation is nice but u have to look at each weapon type individually, where warlock n me made a nice list with all weapons together that is much faster to look at for weapon's ranges:D

i think this weapon range list would be nice for everyone to come to for quick n simple range questions about weapons

possibly weapon damage ranges should be added too..that way people have a quick list of all the damage ranges and "reach" ranges of weapon types.

7. HegemonKhan

actually now that im thinking of this, if some one could make an excel table/chart of all weapon types (as columns or rows) and their damage ranges, "reach" ranges, str/dex req.'s, weapon base speed (as columns or rows) would be really awesome!

8. WarlockCC

I made something like that a while back, as I replied in the other thread you made, I'll check if I can find the URL.

9. HegemonKhan

ah cool thanks, jsut in repsosning to this post i got an idea for making this all nice n neat on an easy to read compare excel cahrt/table..thank though for the repsonse/help. i jsut thought it be nice and helpful for entire community to have n use:D