Anyone ever hear of a Healdin???

Holyful

Diabloii.Net Member
Anyone ever hear of a Healdin???

If so, plz post what the skills are needed 2 be maxed-stat points-gear. TYVM and hava nice day =D

nubbins

Diabloii.Net Member
yeah there is one and supposedly with the godliest gear you can sit in a gloampack for an extended period of time, but they kill fairly slowly.
Search on amazon basin.

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
yeah there is one and supposedly with the godliest gear you can sit in a gloampack for an extended period of time, but they kill fairly slowly.
Search on amazon basin.
No need to search the Basin, I already ported the guide over here. Also, you can't just sit in a gloam-pack for an "extended period"- you can sit in a gloam pack FOREVER, or at least until your gear breaks.

Is that the sort of build that you meant, Holyful? A Paladin who is constantly regenerating himself? Or did you mean a Paladin who is busy healing other players instead of himself?

If you meant a Paladin who heals others, those are generally referred to as "Clerics". Mad Onion's Cleric Guide is a very simple yet effective place to start. I never really liked that layout, though- too much emphasis on synergizing Holy Bolt's damage vs. undead, which is already fantastic without the extra synergy. I'd recommend dropping 19 points out of Blessed Hammer (leaving it at a 1-point pre-req) and instead putting them into something to help you kill non-undead monsters (Holy Shock to synergize FoH's lightning damage, perhaps- or maybe Conviction to use with Zeal and a high-elemental damage weapon).

Holyful

Diabloii.Net Member
No need to search the Basin, I already ported the guide over here. Also, you can't just sit in a gloam-pack for an "extended period"- you can sit in a gloam pack FOREVER, or at least until your gear breaks.

Is that the sort of build that you meant, Holyful? A Paladin who is constantly regenerating himself? Or did you mean a Paladin who is busy healing other players instead of himself?

If you meant a Paladin who heals others, those are generally referred to as "Clerics". Mad Onion's Cleric Guide is a very simple yet effective place to start. I never really liked that layout, though- too much emphasis on synergizing Holy Bolt's damage vs. undead, which is already fantastic without the extra synergy. I'd recommend dropping 19 points out of Blessed Hammer (leaving it at a 1-point pre-req) and instead putting them into something to help you kill non-undead monsters (Holy Shock to synergize FoH's lightning damage, perhaps- or maybe Conviction to use with Zeal and a high-elemental damage weapon).
Yea thx man lol.. I meant the "cleric" =D Thanks a bunch, again

TheGoat

Banned
This is by far the most useless build on diablo2. who the hell has time to waste building a healer, its completely pointless!!!!!! USELESS BUILD NO GG HERE!!!! Make a FOHer or something worth your time, trust me.
Clerics = Useless

Demonic Angel Rules

Diabloii.Net Member
TheGoat shut up he built a really good build and said right at the top that it was diffrent. It WAS NOT MADE TO KILL EVERYTHING QUICKLY. It was made to have fun with. And to be able to stand in a huge monster pack and not die is pretty cool. Nice build SSog I mite make one just for fun. BTW for a 1hd zealer cleric dude you coulde give him a Grief PB that mite speed things up and AR wont matter. No + skills but still is good. Use a spirit to get the skills back and your good to go.

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
TheGoat shut up he built a really good build and said right at the top that it was diffrent. It WAS NOT MADE TO KILL EVERYTHING QUICKLY. It was made to have fun with. And to be able to stand in a huge monster pack and not die is pretty cool. Nice build SSog I mite make one just for fun. BTW for a 1hd zealer cleric dude you coulde give him a Grief PB that mite speed things up and AR wont matter. No + skills but still is good. Use a spirit to get the skills back and your good to go.
I think you're confused. TheGoat wasn't bashing The Abbott (which was my build), he was bashing The Cleric (which was MadMantis's build).

Also, TheGoat, you're underestimating the Cleric. If you have tehuberl33t gear, then a Cleric is useless, but if you're playing in a Group Game, especially a low-twink, no-twink, restricted, or ironman group game, Clerics are positively invaluable. In fact, I'd never even consider playing group Ironman without a Cleric. They're like Enchantresses, only much more useful.

If the only thing you care about is having the uberest character with the best killspeed, make yourself a Hammerdin.

TheGoat

Banned
No no, u all misunderstand me. This build is useless! dont build this in USWest NL... Its like dropping the soap in prison:soapbox:

Bladewind

Diabloii.Net Member
There is something called fun. Clerics and Abbots are mainly fun theme builds, they are not truely pvm (although lvl20 conviction + 1 pt zeal and gimmershreds fixes this for the Clerics) or pvp builds.

And of course don't underestimate the power of a healer or abbot. They can tank far far more damage and might even beat barbs in terms of survivability.

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
No no, u all misunderstand me. This build is useless! dont build this in USWest NL... Its like dropping the soap in prison:soapbox:
Tell you what. I'll get three of my friends together, and we'll do a 4-man Ironman group using a Cleric. You get three of your friends together, and do a 4-man Ironman group using NO cleric. Then we'll see which group gets further. After that, maybe we can come back and discuss how "useless" Medics really are. :laugh:

safetypro

Diabloii.Net Member
Misinformed opinions can happen when someone spends too much time dropping soap in prison and not enough time playing Diablo.
Try the healer or better yet the Abbott. I think you will apreciate the build.

Demonic Angel Rules

Diabloii.Net Member
lol SSoG im not the counfused one here he was bashing your build.:shocked: TheGoat has anyone told you to make this build? No they havent. Has anyone said this was the best build out there. No they didnt. So why dont you stop posting crap saying that other builds are bad and say something useful. Now if you would have said something like how is this build useful or what can I do with this build or something close to that then your allright, but your being a noob saying this build is no gg and is useless.

OK im done with my rant now:smiley:

o BTW whats Ironman runs??? They sound fun but ive never seen them or heard of them. No im not a newb ive been playing for years.Thx

SmiterMcZealot

Diabloii.Net Member
Ironman is when you are never allowed to go back to town except for advancing through the acts/questing purposes. No Akara/Fara/Ormus/Jamella/Malah. You can only use items that you've found and identified yourself out in the field.

It's really, really fun. And you'll make it far, far further with a Cleric than without one.

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
lol SSoG im not the counfused one here he was bashing your build.:shocked: TheGoat has anyone told you to make this build? No they havent. Has anyone said this was the best build out there. No they didnt. So why dont you stop posting crap saying that other builds are bad and say something useful. Now if you would have said something like how is this build useful or what can I do with this build or something close to that then your allright, but your being a noob saying this build is no gg and is useless.

OK im done with my rant now:smiley:

o BTW whats Ironman runs??? They sound fun but ive never seen them or heard of them. No im not a newb ive been playing for years.Thx
Actually, he was bashing The Cleric (not my build), and not The Abbott (my build).

Besides, The Abbott very well might be the best build out there. It's completely idiot-proof. You can park in WSK and go make a sandwich. :laugh:

Lord Nyax

Banned
Actually, he was bashing The Cleric (not my build), and not The Abbott (my build).

Besides, The Abbott very well might be the best build out there. It's completely idiot-proof. You can park in WSK and go make a sandwich. :laugh:
Only thing is, when you get back, you have to shell out 400k to repair all your stuff. Yeah, you can ignore the monsters in the game, but man does the gold get annoying...

O'course, if you've got ATMA on SP, then gold is pretty much negligible...but still.

TheGoat

Banned
To hell with you and this useless build! screw this im outta here, u guys b useless n build this dumbass build, nothing like PvP.... Ironman is where a bunch of useless fat kids get together n think there taking a challenge by runnin around w/o no town trips... oooo watch out, the moron does
"Iron Man" runs... haha the only thing u can lift is that freakin burger to your fat face... to hell with ya all and ur build -TheGoat, UsWest NL

Bladewind

Diabloii.Net Member
This is getting annoying. If every build is deemed useless i will find d2 alot more boring. Anyway Abbots with high DR equipment and super heal are often accused of potting by other players but its just that they heal so damn fast that even a heavy wound heals in seconds.

Try a build before you bash it.