Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Anyone else played Sands of Time?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by strijdje, Feb 26, 2004.

1. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

Anyone else played Sands of Time?

well i started 2 days ago and now in 11 hours i finished the game... did i do something wrong here or what?

ow and whats up with that endboss guy.... when u finally got rid of his clones he dies in 1 blow :scratch: euhm yeah

robin

2. John Folgerty

John Folgerty IncGamers Member

1. the game is tragicaly short i did it in like 10 hours or so.
    2. the end boss is a frail old man...how do you expect him to live when he gets hit with a huge friggin sword?
    3. that game is freaking amazing! amazing!

3. Joutaja

Joutaja IncGamers Member

I haven't played but my brother is pro in that kind of a games and he too played through it in a weekend.

Well, they don't make games as long as they used to. :rant:

Expect KotOR!!! Try it! :D

4. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

yeah i think so :scratch: i never played that kind off game before, but my friend has it on his compu and i needed to play SOMEthing otherwise i would gone nuts... anywayz, i spend 1,5 hour learning fighting and the basic running and wall running and beatthe game hours or something like that.. but i have to admit, it was quite a cool game, esp that light puzzly, fricking irritating :uhhuh:

robin

5. John Folgerty

John Folgerty IncGamers Member

light puzzle, you mean the thing where you have to put the rods into the holes? (insert sex joke here)

but seriously, sands of time is one of my favorite games of all time. it's right up there alongside chrono trigger and zelda. actualy...i may have enjoyed it more than ocarina. the ending was nothing short of masterful. i really hope they make another one or something close to it. doesn't even have to have the time control element...it just needs to be rediculously cool.

6. RonJeremy

RonJeremy IncGamers Member

Yah im on it right now, at 8h played . just got out of the graves after the vizir stormed me theyre with the biatch right after the long elevator fight. yah this game is awesome but i feel the end and sadly its gonna end soon :( more a game to rent then to buy. even though its a masterpiece. i baught it though dont regret it but... its burnt so only cost 10$ :) hurray for xbox patch :)

7. Jak

Jak IncGamers Member

slightly better than average

I felt that the story most of the way through was very engaging, and the puzzles were quite satisfying.

But the combat system was just not very balanced. It was either too easy, or frustrating. The difficulty didn't scale between too easy and cheap (Mortal Kombat style cheap).

I was amazed when it finished, it felt too abrupt and too short. Does anyone else feel that the transition to the ending didn't make sense?

Ah well, it did bring me back to the days for a while.

8. DuesNox

DuesNox IncGamers Member

i have it on gamecube and im stuck, well not really stuck but more of tried a couple of time and gave up. Near the beginning, the princess? or whatever she is getting attacked and you jump down to save her. You have to kill all the guys before you get to the leader right? well anyone have strategy on how to do this because they just keep whomping me.