Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Anyone else like fallout2 more than diablo2?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Lightning Peon Poo, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Lightning Peon Poo

Lightning Peon Poo IncGamers Member

Anyone else like fallout2 more than diablo2?

To me, Fallout 2 is a better game than Diablo 2.
    If Diablo 1 was up against fallout2, I would maybe vote for diablo1 (it would be tough). But as it stands, fallout2 gets my vote...by a landslide.
    In fact, I'm playing fallout2 right now. And I haven't played diablo2 in a long, loooong time.
    If you haven't played the fallout series, I would highly recommened you do so.

2. th5418

th5418 Banned

Lets attempt to keep all the fallout 2 vs diablo2 together in one thread. Thanks.

3. Lightning Peon Poo

And which thread would that be? I see two threads that say "vote for diablo2" ....
    I was under the impression that those were not discussion threads, but rather.. were reminder threads (to remind ppl to vote for diablo2).
    This is not intended to be a vote for fallout thread or a vote for diablo thread. It's more of a talk about/discuss both games thread (and see if anyone else likes fallout thread).
    Thanks.

4. th5418

th5418 Banned

http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=154707
    That thraed, they are discussing about the games in the votes.

5. Lightning Peon Poo

Oh, well the title of that thread is misleading.
    Not to mention the original post is just a reminder.

I don't see a call for discussion in the main thead post. Do you? I just see reminder there. Maybe I'm blind. I also don't see any real talk of fallout in following posts. Either way, I don't want to argue with you. I only wanted to see if anyone else liked fallout here. And hopefully this thread will attract those people. Thanks.

6. fluff

fluff IncGamers Member

Down with Fallout 2! :p

I didn't really like that game much for some reason. The only thing I see standing in Diablo II's way is Starcraft. That game has such an enormous following still.

7. Faye

Faye IncGamers Member

I love Fallout 2. In fact I love all of the Fallout series.

8. Erage

Erage IncGamers Member

I love the Fallout games, but Fallout 2's support was a joke. The game was extremely rushed and had very little play testing. The version that went gold looked like it was still in it's alpha form. There were major game killing bugs, even in the main plotline. They spent the next 2 months releasing beta patches (none of which were compatible with any saved games from a previous patch). Two months later they finally released a finalized version of the patch that made the game acceptable (but still buggy). They made it known that there would be absolutely no more patches despite new bugs popping up and then Interplay took down their Fallout messageboards for over a month until everything died down.

In my mind, the support D2 has gotten has been extraordinary compared to Fallout 2. It's really only the taint of the "screw it" attitude from the developers that puts Fallout 2 in a bad light for me. The game itself is very decent, even if it's still somewhat buggy.

9. MithrandirX

MithrandirX IncGamers Member

IMO, Fallout 2 is the greatest RPG ever made.

Diablo II is in a totally different category. It's not really an PRG, but an action game with a fantasy setting and role-playing elements. I'm still voting for it though.

Mith

10. j_vellinne

j_vellinne IncGamers Member

Eh, Fallout 2 got my vote. Nowhere near as repetitive, and it's an actual RPG. D2 is fun, but not an rpg . Fallout deserves recognition.

11. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Fallout, both of them, kicks D2's butt up and down the gaming world. Fallout 2 especially is such a superior game to D2, IMO.

12. agnickolov

agnickolov IncGamers Member

I see a few others as well: Doom and Halo (or Half-Life or whatever the Black Mesa champion). Both Doom and Halo got over 10K votes in the first round. Personally, I believe the grand finale will be Doom vs Diablo II, let's see if this transpires... :)

13. KaNdeeKiD

KaNdeeKiD IncGamers Member

The fallout games a pretty awsome games, i'd say they are way better then diablo2, but gotta get bored of a game sooner or later.

14. fluff

fluff IncGamers Member

Ah, oops. I was just looking at that (mostly) Blizzard section. Wasn't paying attention enough to realise the winners went to another thing. :)

I hope Half-life gets through. I'm in a TFC clan so I still love it :)

15. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

Its unfair to compare the two...Fallout is much superior in atmosphere, story and gameplay...but Diablo 2 has much more customability and replayability.

I can't really choose.

16. Kip

Kip IncGamers Member

I really enjoyed both of the games in the Fallout series but didn't play either of them nearly as long as I have played Dii. I agree with the previous posters about the bugginess of it. Had they been better at getting out a bug free game I might have considered voting for it. Alass, Dii has taken up the past five years or so of my life and is still going strong and Fallout and Fallout 2 each took up about 6 months maybe. Both good games but I voted Dii.

Kip

17. DariusTriplet

DariusTriplet IncGamers Member

Fallout lost to Diablo and Super Metroid lost to Goldeneye.

Shameful.

18. smokey[dead]

smokey[dead] Banned

I think all this voting stuff on gamespy is really stupid. When it comes down too it, its not a vote of which game is best, but how many people like the game genre. Diablo2 and Halo are two completely different games, you just cant compare them.

IMO though, counter-strike > halo anyday ;)