Anyone else having problems on East? <-- All discussion goes here!

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member
did east realm just crashed again??

Other threads of this nature will be locked, deleted or merged with this one without notice. If you have questions or comments about the possible issues with USEast today, please use this thread.

EDIT: Update on the BNet Status forum here.

~Dredd

did the east realm crashed or am I the only one who cant log on? :cry:

maxusmag

Diabloii.Net Member
not sure am at work right now.

ooo hey think you can do me a favor?

i need to mule an item from one account to the next and need to have someone in the game so i don't lose it (would be very bad)

can you help? i will be home around 8:00 eastern time.

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member
not sure am at work right now.

ooo hey think you can do me a favor?

i need to mule an item from one account to the next and need to have someone in the game so i don't lose it (would be very bad)

can you help? i will be home around 8:00 eastern time.
sure if east is back up by then just pm me here and I'll hold the game for you

maxusmag

Diabloii.Net Member
thanks. i hope i didn't lose anything in this crash.

hopefully it was just the connection not the server.

hope they did their backups or we all could be screwed.
of course i have seen it coming. it has been super laggy of late.

i think the dupers could have caused the crash.

templecrasher

Diabloii.Net Member
Not all the way down - I had a mule game up with both computers. When I exited with one character it wouldn't let me back in, but the other one is still logged in almost 30 minutes later.

Voorhees

Diabloii.Net Member
I can't log in either. Just got kicked and now this. Good thing I wasn't doing anything significant.

maxusmag

Diabloii.Net Member
ok from what i saw from a tracert looks like it could be a dns issue on their side. i don't think it is the server itself i think it i just the connection.

ok it is just the east servers. all other gateways including west is working fine.

can anyone post a traceroute or screenshot. people are getting firewall errors and stuff.

Uncomfirmed rumor they are doing maintence on the realm and it will down till about 8:00. possibly hack clean up as well. could be a ladder reset not sure.

mirack

Banned
I am getting a weird message about making sure port 6112 is open, telling me the no connect is a result of me switching my connection settings. Which is funny played d2, went to bed tried logging in. So it is the servers down for sure probably 2-3 days again

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member
I am getting a weird message about making sure port 6112 is open, telling me the no connect is a result of me switching my connection settings. Which is funny played d2, went to bed tried logging in. So it is the servers down for sure probably 2-3 days again
thats the message I got as well

maxusmag

Diabloii.Net Member
probably right.

diablo connects on a certain port which they have probably blocked on their end.

so instead of making major changes they change the port number and no one can connect.

which is a good thing yesterday playing and the past several days has been horrible. the lagg has been something aweful. hopefully this will fix it.

do not be surprised if items you thought were legit are missing. hopefully the server hasn't crashed all together which i don't think it has since people are getting firewall errors.

templecrasher

Diabloii.Net Member
I can tell you for certain that it has not crashed. I'm still playing on my 2nd computer. The other one is giving me the port 6112 error.

ok from what i saw from a tracert looks like it could be a dns issue on their side. i don't think it is the server itself i think it i just the connection.

ok it is just the east servers. all other gateways including west is working fine.

can anyone post a traceroute or screenshot. people are getting firewall errors and stuff.

Uncomfirmed rumor they are doing maintence on the realm and it will down till about 8:00. possibly hack clean up as well. could be a ladder reset not sure.
I don't know you so I won't go into great detail here, but those are the kinds of unfounded rumors that people around here don't appreciate. I notice you didn't mention any sources for your "unconfirmed rumor".:rolleyes:

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member
I can tell you for certain that it has not crashed. I'm still playing on my 2nd computer. The other one is giving me the port 6112 error.

I don't know you so I won't go into great detail here, but those are the kinds of unfounded rumors that people around here don't appreciate. I notice you didn't mention any sources for your "unconfirmed rumor".:rolleyes:
Have you exited that game recently? Because thats how I got kicked out. Left a game and tried joining another. And got kicked back to the log in and was unable to connect.

maxusmag

Diabloii.Net Member
it came from the battlenet site. there is a thread going there as well.

i wasn't misleading anyone. i never stated that it was confirmed or anything.

only a possibility.

templecrasher

Diabloii.Net Member
@ MapleBarb: I have not exited the game because I'm certain that I won't get back in. I've been trying to log in the other computer all along.

@ Maxusmag: I am aware that you never stated that it was confrmed, but we all know it's a possibility. However, the protocol for previous ladder resets included an announcement of the upcoming reset, with a date so people could be ready.

jag

Diabloii.Net Member
cant get either (big surprise)

trying not to get hopes up about... well you know....:shocked:

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member
@ MapleBarb: I have not exited the game because I'm certain that I won't get back in. I've been trying to log in the other computer all along.

@ Maxusmag: I am aware that you never stated that it was confrmed, but we all know it's a possibility. However, the protocol for previous ladder resets included an announcement of the upcoming reset, with a date so people could be ready.
You also forgot to mention that they reseted for ALL the realms. Not just US east. So if this was to be a ladder reset we'd all be here saying the realm we play in is currently down.

I must say I already feel bad for the other realms who are now babysitting a bunch of US east kids who probably wont be able to connect to east during this upcoming weekend.