Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Anyone else had a good few weeks?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Suicidal Zebra, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Suicidal Zebra

Suicidal Zebra IncGamers Member

Anyone else had a good few weeks?

'Cos for the first time in a long time, I have :D. Here is a brief resume...

1) As some will remember, I had an op in August on my jaw. This in retrospect hit me rather poorly emotionally, being the first op I had had in my lifetime (all 21 years). Now, after being in fixed braces for the last three years, and having recovered from the op, I have finally had them off. Needless, this is quite a big thing for me, especially as I can now have decent pics for Graduation. Which brings me to my next point...

2) Finished all the coursework required for my BSc in Maths and Computing Science. With only exams left, and a pretty darn good average over the last three years, getting a First is almost a shoe-in with a bit of the old revision. At least, that is the theory ;)

and last but not least...

3) Turned 22 on Tuesday (the 6th), which in itself is no big thing, but was just nice to round things off. Good to see/hear from friends and family as usual.

Now don't get me wrong, not everything has been great, but it is nice to see life being clearly up for me, rather than the usual nothing angst.

However, all this comes with a downside. Due to the serious revision required, and some tough choices I need to make for next year over the next couple of weeks (i.e. Masters Degree or Work or something more interesting), I am taking a sabbatical for a while.

*awaits muted sobs, hears only cheering*

Anyway, keep my seat warm, and in the mean-time regale me with reasons why these last few weeks have been good for you :D.

2. LunarSolaris

LunarSolaris IncGamers Member

First and foremost SZ.... CONGRATULATIONS!!! :winner:

Also.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I must say... quite an awesome day to be having a birthday (yesterday)... lot's of famous and cool people were born on April 6th (like me, for instance :teeth: )

I think that it's very awesome that you have accomplished what you have already - certainly something to be very proud of. It's quite good to hear that things are on an upswing for you, as the downswings are never any fun.

To your future... well, you ultimately know what's best for you, though I'm always an advocate of education, so color me biased as I encourage you to consider getting your masters.

Either way, I hope that you had a very happy birthday and that things continue to go your way as you continue to move on with life.

Here's to SZ! :buddies:

3. Croup

Croup IncGamers Member

I'm a Connecticut fan and both the men's and women's basketball team won the National Championship on Monday and Tuesday respectively. Also I won $6 playing poker last night.

Does that count?

4. My_Immortal6

My_Immortal6 IncGamers Member

The best thing that has happened to me in the last few weeks was coming home yesterday to find 3 1.25L bottles of Pepsi in the fridge.

5. mysnistaken

mysnistaken Banned

gratz on everything and happy birthday

hmm....pretty much the only good thing thats happened these past few weeks was that I got a new mobo...so...um....nope...haven't really had a good few weeks