Anyone else got patch failure?

jakotaco

Diabloii.Net Member
Anyone else got patch failure?

Great start of the new ladder don't you think? Anyone else who got this error, and was there a fast solution, or do I have to reinstall game from scratch?

Blizzard BNUpdate v2.72 compiled on Oct 16 2003
Log created at 5:21 pm on 06/18/2008

ERROR: unable to open archive 'D2XP_IX86_111b_112a.mpq'

RESULT: Patch failed

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Re: Anyone else got patch failure?

It worked fine for me. Is your game installation changed in any way ? Did you try again later ? Did you check your firewall while applying the patch ?

Try starting it in window mode ,so you see what happens on the Windows screen..

jakotaco

Diabloii.Net Member

OK, problem solved.

Cause: I had changed my shortcut to have a separate folder for Lod mpqs so that I could play other singleplayer mods such as median using the "start in" line to target another folder.

using the cds autostart function allowed patching to go just fine.

Samohtnnam

Diabloii.Net Member

I had same error, so I think I will post what I did though the OP is solved. I did a full install long ago, so all the .mpq files were in the right places. I am running XP service pack 2.

I just clicked on my D2 shortcut to start again and it patched. Maybe the old version was still running when it tried to patch and looked for the no cd option? Speculation at this time.

rykuss

Banned

OK, problem solved.

Cause: I had changed my shortcut to have a separate folder for Lod mpqs so that I could play other singleplayer mods such as median using the "start in" line to target another folder.

using the cds autostart function allowed patching to go just fine.
That's what I had to do since I play RWM. Has the game worked for you without the CD? It hasn't for me.