Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Anyee help needed..again

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by zodiac66, Feb 6, 2004.

1. zodiac66

zodiac66 IncGamers Member

Anyee help needed..again

Since most posts were erased, I can't go back to read your previous advice.

Liam is currently on Prozac, and he seems to have the side effect of gaining weight. I discussed this with his pediatrician and she put him on Zoloft. After doing a tad bit of research on it, I am not sure if that is a good choice. I refused to fill the prescription and asked for another month of Prozac. His mood has changed dramatically for the better while on the prozac. But, he is also in counselling so I don't really know which of the two is working for him.

He is on the waiting list to get into the psychiatrist (sp) but that may take a month. Do you offhand know of any anti-depressants that would be suitable? I am not asking you for medical advice, I would just like to be informed before we go to his appointment. In the past, he has had benign seizures, so that lets out Welbutrin. Of course, the doctor will have all his medical files prior to our visit.

Any help or links you could provide would be helpful!!

2. Anyee

Anyee IncGamers Member

Zodiac, you know I think that Liam is too young to be on any anti-depressants. I think your instincts are correct and that you should take him off the medications for a while before deciding if the counseling alone will not work.

3. zodiac66

zodiac66 IncGamers Member

Thanks for the justification. Everyone is so quick to put him meds. It is just really difficult because I have the school and the pediatrician trying to convince me meds are the best. I hope that when he gets his appointment, he/she can decide if medication would be the best course.

4. swami

swami Banned

How old is Liam? Some of the SSRIs have been contraindicated in paediatrics due to evidence that they induced suicidal tendencies in young'uns. Sertraline is one of those drugs.