Anybody use Mozilla Firebird and Kazaa? I have a question.

Puck Nutty

Diabloii.Net Member
Anybody use Mozilla Firebird and Kazaa? I have a question.

Yesterday I installed the most recent version of Firebird and I really like it.

However, whenever I try to use Kazaa, a window pops up that says I am running and ad-blocking app, and therefore Kazaa must shut down.

I can only assume that Firebird is the reason, but I can't figure out how to get both to run at the same time.

I would rather not go back to IE, since Firebird kicks it's arse around the block, so any advice I can get would be very much appreciated. Thanx.

giantpinkbunnyhead

Diabloii.Net Member
I had the same problem with any browser I used, but what was causing it was me running AdAware. AdAware removed spyware from the kazaa files, but kazaa doesn't run without that stuff. I would have to reinstall Kazaa. so finally I ditched it and got K-lite before the site shut down.

If you can get K-lite, it will work.

Puck Nutty

Diabloii.Net Member
I see. I enabled pop-ups in my browser, but that didn't help. I'd rather not give up Kazaa, so I'll see if I can get my hands on another version.

Thanx, bunnyhead.

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
Puck Nutty said:
I see. I enabled pop-ups in my browser, but that didn't help. I'd rather not give up Kazaa, so I'll see if I can get my hands on another version.

Thanx, bunnyhead.
I'm all about filesharing, but kazaa is spyware, adware, malware crap. There are much better options out there.

PAC-MAN

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't use any of them, them my comp ran a lot faster, then i punched myself for thinking that it was my computers fault. :)
-Pac

giantpinkbunnyhead

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, Kazaa is crap. K-lite however is pure gold. The trick is to find it. Oddly enough you might find it on kazaa-regular. Make that your last-ever search on kazaa regular.

You won't be able to find kazaa lite anywhere because regular kazaa sued them for copyright inforgment and said they stole their software(ironic isn't it?). You might be able to find one of your VERY lucky but most likely you won't. http://www.klitesite.com/ thats the kazaalite website, it doesn't have lite on it but it has other choices for you. Give it a look.

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
Canadia142 said:
You won't be able to find kazaa lite anywhere because regular kazaa sued them for copyright inforgment and said they stole their software(ironic isn't it?). You might be able to find one of your VERY lucky but most likely you won't. http://www.klitesite.com/ thats the kazaalite website, it doesn't have lite on it but it has other choices for you. Give it a look.
However, any copy of K-lite will be useless since Kazaa modified their network and k-lite is no longer compatible.

Moroska

Diabloii.Net Member
well i allways find it since i uploaded it to my personal web space :p
talk to me if you can't find it (2.4.3)