Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Anybody Interested in 1.07

Discussion in 'MP Forum' started by Jamie, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Jamie

Jamie Diabloii.Net Member

I started 1.07 recently. Playing a sorceress who is level 24 and at the beginning of act 4 normal. If anyone is interested in playing through the game or doing whatever, let it be known!

2. MizzouFTW

MizzouFTW Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Hi. I'm interested. Message Parphis too. Maybe he's interested. Although I think he plays exclusively HC. Anyway, I'm game if you are (on SC). If you wanna play HC, which I STRONGLY recommend, you should start an entirely separate character and set of goals.

Just so you know... with HC things get weird. I 100% encourage you to go Hardcore if you haven't already. You're going to look at your characters and items and be just so damn proud.

Jamie likes this.
  3. Jamie

I admire HC, but in 1.07 I don't really want to play HC because there are so many crazy bugs that can kill you that I am not prepared for. Also all of my last two or so years of wealth achieved in 1.14d is all in Softcore and I have some really nice stuff. I have been lucky. I have a Griffon's wearing Zon, Death's Fathom wearing Blizzer, Death eth CS/Oath eth ConquestSword (holding spot until I get another eth CS) Frenzy Barb, a Grief/Fortitude Zealer I can Trav with and stuff... eth reaper toll.. and untwinked chars I am working on.

I do plan on starting HC sometime though. I am using two computers one for 1.14d and one for 1.07 and the .07 one lags horribly when I am in big groups on full screen and on window mode I cant enlarge it like on 1.14d and it closes when I click off screen, which happens ALL OF THE TIME. It is annoying.

What would you be interesting in doing in 1.07 if we do Softcore? Are you interested in doing softcore or hardcore?

Right now I have a level 39 Orb Sorc that just got through Bloody Foothills in Nightmare. I have some, what I consider, decent gear. I have tons on mules if you need gear. Do you already have 07 characters and want to play on higher level characters or are you trying to start new characters?

My list of things to do is to continue advancing through the game on my level 39 Orber, so I can find great charms, rack Valor, Shako, FCR Winged Helm thingy, LoH, Wiz Spike and maybe a few other items. I understand you can't find them from bosses and need to rack them, so I am working for that. I may even update to 1.08 one day if I get super tired of racking. Since I get my fill of inanimate object running doing LK Runs in 1.14d, I almost find it worth it to run 1.08 with Broken Non Working MF just to be able to boss run, since they say the bosses in 1.07 have TC items broken so I can't find the main items I want (Valor, Shako!!!)

Let me know what your interests are in 1.07. I do need to make a new char to level 8 also because I want to try to make some bugged MPK rings.

LMK wutcha wanna do buddy!

4. Jamie

5. MizzouFTW

@Jamie I'm fine with softcore! My interests include getting a few 99's, cow running for charms, rack running, etc. I need to reinstall Diablo 2 and Bliss Version Switcher so that I can open 1.07 because it appears I cannot open anything after 1.00 but before 1.14. also, sorry for the late response. A little over a month late!

6. Jamie

@MizzouFTW I took an enormous break from 1.07. I haven't played on that PC since probably well before you made the post. I got bored of it kind of quick and honestly I can't for sure remember why I gave up on it so quick. I think a combination of the realization that the items I wanted were going to take sooooooo long to find and not being able to kill bosses to find good gear was so demoralizing to me. That and I had characters on my 1.14d that I wanted to do so many things with and I had runes I badly wanted to farm, as I was still in the process of looking for the last Sur I needed for an Enigma.

What do you think about this Mizzou? Playing 1.08 to be able to find the main two items I wanted, 07 or 08 Shako and Valor, by doing Mephisto or other boss runs. I am also interested in the Winged Helm that gives the 30FCR and some of the outrageous charms.. but some of the charms you can get in 1.07 seem sooooo Imba and absurd. That and the MPK rings lol. I'm not sure how I feel about the integrity of having a melee inventory filled with max damage charms that are triple what you can get in any patch after that and even have other mods on them like tons of resists or life and other crazy stats.

I know most people prefer the 1.07 route, but I want to be able to kill bosses to get the items I want. I am pretty sure the Shako, Valor, Vamp Gaze, LoH, Wiz Spike, Winged Helm, Gerk's and a few other sought after 1.07 items, are all the same in 1.08 as well (maybe some aren't?). I don't know if I can handle doing nothing but Racks, or if I want to, to get these items and having no monsters or bosses in the game that are capable of dropping most of these items.

When it comes to the super juiced charms and MPK rings and other GG rares, I am not sure what all exists and isn't changed from 1.07. I feel like maybe the MPK rings aren't, but that is sort of cheesy anyway. Do you know if you can still land some of the absurd max damage and other crazy charms? A full inventory of 1.07 (and possibly 1.08, you or someone may have to let me know) charms seems just so cheesy. Even a full inventory of 3/20/20 modern small charms looks like complete crap, compared to what you can get in 07 (08 too?). And 3/20/20s aren't just floating around in the non-duped world of Single Player. Finding just one of those is a lifetime achievement lol.

Sorry I waited over a month to get back with you. I kind of forgot about it when I let my sister use my other laptop for awhile and got stuck back on 1.14d.

7. MizzouFTW

Well to be honest I don't want to commit to anything just yet because I believe I am 100% burnt out. I'm going to give D2 a bit or just play a little bit. When I come back I hope I'm rip roaring ready to go for 1.07 and 1.08 friend

Jamie likes this.