Anybody else a collector?

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Anybody else a collector?

Okay, I've hardly ever ventured into the Comm Forum so I'm probably saying something everyone's heard a thousand times before.

I'm collecting all uniques and sets - and by collecting I mean finding myself, no trading. I've been doing it ever since I started on the Realms one or two years ago, and I've got quite a few of the normals by now. In fact the only normal set pieces I'm missing are one piece each of Arcanna's, Milabrega's, Tancred's, and Sander's. I have yet to complete a single Exceptional set though. All legit + no trading = me poor. :cry:

I have all the unique normal spears, maces and swords and I've got a lot of the others. I'm starting to get a fair collection of exceptionals too, in fact I now have all the maces.

I suspect this is going to take a LOOONG time and a hell of a lot of mules (which drives me mad when I have to stop my accounts from expiring, let me tell you), but it's really neat when I can open up a mule and see all the items lying right there.

kuafu

Diabloii.Net Member
We share the same interests, although I seem to be much luckier than you are. I only seriously MF'ed since the beginning of this ladder. So far, I've found all the sets (excluding Cow King one, since I rarely make cow games). There're 14 unique items left for me to find, 11 of them in TC87, and 4 of them ladder-only.
You can check out the SPF; there's a Grail thread. There's one Grail for no-trading, and the other for allowing trading (which is quite different from us trading on bnet). Only DarkChaos has completed the self-Grail so far based on that table. However, does this mean it's humanly possible? I doubt (if you know the other things he has done:smiley:), at least not with my luck (10 Stone Crusher w/o Schaefer, 9 Horizon's Tornado w/o Stormlash, 15 Lightsabre w/ 1 Azurewrath...)
Evrae Altana said:
I collect Heart of the Oak flails. That's the only thing I collect.
You mean ones made with self-found Vex?:smiley:

rykuss

Banned
I had a nice grail going myself and have started one on SP. I was close on the realms but that's all gone now. I had also started an upgraded unique grail and it was sizeable as well. I'm a long way away from it in SP but at least there I don't have to make mule accounts to hold it all. :wink3:

DarkElmo

Diabloii.Net Member
I collect random stuff thats serves little to no purpose IE; Gold, jewels, low lvl uniques, and SoHs sometimes - cuz its fun to trade them when sum1 things their good lol - -Its amazing the crap ppl will buy when they thinks it is good.

sunflowersmooth

Diabloii.Net Member
I collect random stuff thats serves little to no purpose IE; Gold, jewels, low lvl uniques, and SoHs sometimes - cuz its fun to trade them when sum1 things their good lol - -Its amazing the crap ppl will buy when they thinks it is good.
Trading SOHs? Sounds like Scamming...

plasmo

Diabloii.Net Member
I tend to collect low-level sets (clvl reqs under 15 or so), level up my mules a bit, and put the sets on them. Just so my mules will look different. Plus, trying to find a Sigon's shield is a lot easier than trying to find a CoA, so I "win" more often. If your goals are low, they're easier to accomplish. :)

sunflowersmooth

Diabloii.Net Member
I tend to collect low-level sets (clvl reqs under 15 or so), level up my mules a bit, and put the sets on them. Just so my mules will look different. Plus, trying to find a Sigon's shield is a lot easier than trying to find a CoA, so I "win" more often. If your goals are low, they're easier to accomplish. :)
Oh dear lord talk about having the wrong outlook on life lol.

Just kidding, but of course, I would rather dream big or not dream at all.

I'm gonna find that COA or zod rune if it's the last thing I do :evil: !!

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Some of the low sets aren't as bad as I thought. I actually used the full Iratha's on one of my Sorceresses for quite a while.

I can NOT bring myself to throw away low runes, in fact I have to psyche myself up to discard low gems after I hit about mid-Nightmare.

FistOfFury

Diabloii.Net Member
Right now I'm collecting those fire explosion throwing pots, fulmagation pots or whatever their name is, lol, for act 1 Andariel normal. :laugh: I also enjoy runes, I love the 'squish' noise they make when sorting through them, lol.

RequiemDeath

Diabloii.Net Member
I have most unique and set items so far... I'd say about 80%... However, I'm also working on all rune words... That is going to take a bit longer as I try to keep at least 3 of each rune at all times... SoHs fill one mule, and I keep a bevy of SoJs on another...

I also have at least one of each torch, and a nice number of annis, all self found... Everything else is about 50/50... Except for the hrs and SoJs of course... I've only found about 5 of my own hrs, and I have yet to find my own SoJ... -_-

But, it is so nice to open up that mule, and see 27 SoJs looking back at me! You should've seen my frineds faces when they first saw my collection! :shocked: I need to get a picture of that... ^_^

*Requiem_Death

Uncle_Mike

D2 PvP Moderator
I know how you feel. It is a pain from time to time... But what do you expect. Good names are worth it.
I have a pretty cool one for a sorc in mind - not sure if it is taken or not (I bet it is :sad2:)

As far as collecting, not really. I did that in single player but there seems to be too little space on bnet accounts and I am quite sure I am hardly capable of managing dozens of them.

My mini grail would probably be to build all class-specific set chars, I am currently gathering gear for them. :smiley:

Mike