Anya Quest?

MaxMax

Diabloii.Net Member
Just remember that the bonus is lost when you die, until you join a new game (or re-enter) though it will still be displayed on char screen.

Flaming Banana

Diabloii.Net Member
Just remember that the bonus is lost when you die, until you join a new game (or re-enter) though it will still be displayed on char screen.
i never knew that. o_O i died once and checked my resistances and they were the same as when the scroll was still in effect. i didnt leave/rejoin either.

DenFlaco

Diabloii.Net Member
So, at the risk of sounding real stupid, how do you know that you loose the resist bonus if the char screen says otherwise? What tells the player that the bonuses are no longer present?

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
So, at the risk of sounding real stupid, how do you know that you loose the resist bonus if the char screen says otherwise? What tells the player that the bonuses are no longer present?
Nothing tells the character that the bonuses are no longer present.

The "Lying Character Screen" very rarely accurately displays anything, thanks to all sorts of complex game mechanics. Your listed damage frequently isn't the damage you're actually dealing, thanks to things like resistances, crushing blow, open wounds, deadly/critical strike, +%damage to demons/undead, or poison damage. Your listed Chance-to-hit frequently isn't your actual chance-to-hit, thanks to defense-altering mechanics like Eth runes, Conviction, Battle Cry, or things like +%AR vs. Demons/Undead. Your listed resistances aren't always your actual resistances, thanks to the Anya bug- after you die, your resists will be 10% less than displayed for every time you rescued Anya, at least until you leave and rejoin.

About the only thing you can count on the LCS to be right about is your character's name and level. And I've even heard of bugs where THOSE didn't display properly.