Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Anya Quest Problem

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Oreius, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Oreius

Oreius IncGamers Member

Anya Quest Problem

Ok, I know some you are going to ask "why did you do that?", but here's what happened:

I was questing my Tesladin through Act 5 Nightmare and decided to save the "Scroll of Resistance" until I got to Hell because all of my resists were maxed and I wanted to see where they stood upon entering Hell difficulty.

Anyway, so I kill Baal and enter Hell. I drop some stuff on the ground in the Rogue Camp (including the scroll) so I could cube up some gems and such, and when I tried to pick up the scroll, the game wouldn't let me; My char just kept saying "impossible" every time I clicked on it. I eventually gave up and tried exiting and restarting in NM, but now the quest shows up as being completed and I never used the scroll. Has this ever happened to anyone else here? I tried doing a forum search, but couldn't find anything like this described. I'd hate to lose out on that +10 to all resistances.

2. Deaddave

Deaddave IncGamers Member

i think what happened is the when you entered hell the game thought the scroll was from the hell quest. which u had not yet done (so it wont let you pick it up). im fraid to say but i think you have lost the res.

3. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

I agree, you've probably lost it, try taking all your equipment and charms off and see how much res you have in hell. If it's -90 all res you will have lost the quest reward.

4. Llathias

Llathias Banned

would it be frowned upon to use the latest ATMA backup to restore the character and delete any items stashed after the backup? Or, just restore the scroll from the backup in NM difficulty?

5. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

Did you try talking to Malah in NM again? I remember her dropping multiple scrolls too if you decided to drop the scroll on the floor right after you got it from her.

6. Oreius

Oreius IncGamers Member

I went back to her in NM and tried that. I think the fact that I advanced to Hell screwed me and now it's too late to get it back.

7. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

Did Anya give you the her quest prize and the red portal to pindle open?

8. Deaddave

Deaddave IncGamers Member

the problem is using the scroll is not actuly need to end the quest, its like the rubbish ring ormus gives u for finding the dagger thing. its a bonus, which makes me think you wont be able 2 get it back

9. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

I had a spare mule in hell with no anya quest done in any difficulty and just tried nm anya and did what you did..dropped the scroll in hell and went back to nm...:sad: same result.No resist bonus and no second scroll...Id suggest to anyone reading not to drop resist quest scrolls.

10. RedArchon

RedArchon IncGamers Member

The easiest thing to have done would have been to use the scroll then when in Hell just subtract 10 from each total. But hindsight is 20/20... just take it as a leason learned. ;)

11. Stax

Stax IncGamers Member

well i experienced today same problem, just whit scroll for carin stones :)

i didnt have any place to put it, so i opened inventory and hold it while exiting game.
    I gone in normal and muled things on mules. When i tried to pick up the scroll he just said he cant... i tried on my mule, and he could pick it up ...
    i dont know why, but i had to go to dark wood and get another scroll ...

12. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

He couldnt have done that either.When I tried it the nm scroll was red in hell and said couldnt be used here.