Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Any Word On BNet Ladder Reset?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by vahauser, Mar 17, 2004.

1. vahauser

vahauser IncGamers Member

Any Word On BNet Ladder Reset?

Does anybody know anything regarding when (or if) the BNet Ladders will be reset?

2. ericbres

ericbres IncGamers Member

If you do a search through just this forum ... the 18th of 53 threads directly on this subject has a post, I believe it is post # 29 ... says that Blizzard is rumored to be considering resetting the ladder on the

3. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

On the 6th wednesday of next month.

4. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

Will people please stop about the damn ladder reset?

What exactly is it you want?, want to make a fresh start?, just do so...want no dupers...well, 1. try trading on this forum instead and 2. Dupers are going to be in next season too, just a whole lot more prepared.

The only reason I could really see wanting another ladder reset right now is either to exploit or to get on the ranking....which will be filled by those who play 24/7 anyway

5. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

I will fight you, vahauser.

6. Dodgy_geezah

Dodgy_geezah IncGamers Member

That is by far the freakiest avvy I've ever seen Usu. :D

7. vahauser

vahauser IncGamers Member

Sheesh... My reasons for wanting a reset have nothing to do with duping or hacking or fighting or any of that crap...

I want to start a tourney with a group of friends, and to start the tourney properly it would be best if the ladders were reset. So I just asked a simple question.

8. ericbres

ericbres IncGamers Member

*Changes poopie pants so he isn't so grouchy*

Sorry Vanhauser ... we get that question alot. Too often.
    In any case, no real word yet. Oh ... and welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

9. Inu

Inu Banned

Hi stupid. Don't talk of what you don't know.

I'm all for a ladder reset and won't play until it happens. Fresh start means that EVERYONE start from scratch. Everyone compete with a buckler and hand axe ( Or katar whatever :p ). No level 98's with BotD's.

I want to be able to trade with all B.Net. I don't want to limit my trading to a small tradingpost here ( For Europe it's almost nonexistant ).

I want to play for ladder ranking again as I did before the dupespree started and I quit.

You sir, are a clueless fool. I want to play by the standard rules on regular, big B.Net with all options. I don't want to limit myself and crawl into a corner.

10. Lord Chaos

Blablabla.

I'm all for a ladder reset and won't play until it happens.
    Oh noooooo, can't just be content with what YOU have, gotta have everyone else reset so you can feel good. *rollseyes*

Sounds like you've never been to the trade forum here then lately. And nothing is preventing you from trading on B-net, even after a ladder reset, all the dupers, cheaters and scammers will be back.

Like I said, thats an ok reason for wanting a ladder reset. Though you'll just get another duping spree and its starting all over again.

I am not even going to say what you are here.

Then go do so, nothing prevents you, other than some giant ego.

Not enough ebay clients lately?

11. YomoKimyata

YomoKimyata IncGamers Member

so far as I can tell, the only legitimate personal reason you might have for wanting to know when the reset occurs is to know when the current ladder characters become regular characters. Then you can get all your "ladder only" cubing done in time before the roll.

Wanting the roll so that everyone gets knocked down to your level...well that seems a little megalomanic to me. I agree that the first few days of a new ladder trading system can be exciting, but I do not expect that, on an item for item basis, it will be very different from where it is today (not including the lack of high duped runes, of course).

12. Lord Chaos

Even if they are duped, highlevel runes are still quite hard to get and trade for...so I really don't see the problem with that. Anyone who do, feel free to donate a few Bers, Surs, Jahs, Chams and Zods to me.

13. MinasMorgul

MinasMorgul IncGamers Member

Ok Dii.net might want to put in the Annoucment in big bold letters NO ONE KNOWS WHEN THE LADDER WILL RESET. that might stop people from asking the same question over... and over... and over... and over again. just a suggestion.

so no one knows when the ladder will reset. if you hear a date on the realms it is probably not true. if anything or one is to tell you a true date of the reset date it would be on the mother page battle.net

14. Inu

Inu Banned

Wow Lord Chaos people can interpret differently but you're just not very intelligent now are you..

I've always been top #5 on all the Europe ladders I played on, I've always had the best legit equipment etc. That's what I play for, to be on the top. When the rune dupe arrived that element was removed in an instand. If the ladder is reset I will enjoy the competative aspect of D2 til the next dupe comes. Notice I said "competative"? I don't mean any offense but most people on these forums say "wow" when they find a TR plate ;/

And the runes were hard to get? Are you joking? People traded a few Zods for an IK plate etc... Redicilous...

15. Lord Chaos

So, this is all about serviciing your next big fix where you can sit around playing all day trying to get amongst the "top 5" so you can prove you're so l33t!

And once you've had your fix after a few weeks, you're back whining for a reset all over again.

Hey ok, get me a few Zods, Bers, and others for an IK armor...*rollseyes*

16. Inu

Inu Banned

No it's about Blizzard not doing **** about the rune dupe ( A simple Rollback would have sufficed since they stopped it after 30 minutes ). LADDER SEASON. When will it end?

But of course. You may like the illegitimate gaming. I don't. But whatever makes you happy kid ;/

And I don't play to prove I'm "l33t" ( God kid, use real English ), I play for FUN, heard that word before? I don't walk into games and say "Check my level newbies"...

Prejudice kid... As I said, don't speak of what you don't know since you obviously know nothing...

17. Lord Chaos

Riiiight you do...then why is your only satisfaction running chars on the ladder ranking.

You know if you really want the challenge, make a new account, start over...viola, try playing without twinking, without cheating, without ebay, etc. try making it a personal accomplishment instead of some public ladder (if thats still all you want, then heck yeah, you are in it for the "coolness" factor of getting displayed)

Go go go kid.

18. magejames_04

magejames_04 Banned

i got 2 characters on ladder and i have a job and a life you don't have to play 24/7 to get on there

19. Inu

Inu Banned

Why would I play if it was not for fun? You're really showing your own stupidity here... Also notice how you started addressing me as "kid" AFTER I did it to you ^_^ You're very predictable.

And challenge? There is no challenge in D2. I've played untwinked more times than you even looked inside your own stash. The only challenge is to be the bigger geek and play more to get highest ranking on the ladder.

And why do you involve cheating? Why do you involve eBay? ( I don't have a credit card, an account or any interest in it. But well done showing your lack of intelelct once again --;)

And who the **** cares about personal accomplishment? We live in a world where our lives bases themselves on interacting with other people. Both online and offline. Hell otherwise I'd play singleplayer...

Read and answer to what I type instead of writing nonsense which has ZERO relevance to anything.

20. Inu

Inu Banned

I have school and a life and even so I can play enough to be top of the ladder. It's your choice to play slow Baal runs or not.