Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Any way to limit the fps?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by naykos, Nov 19, 2014.

1. naykos

naykos IncGamers Member

Hello, when I play Diablo II LoD (1.13c if that matters) it runs at ~400 frames per second and that is making my laptop very hot, and with summer coming in soon in my country im wondering if there is a way to limit the amount of fps. Almost forgot, im playing in windowed mode, if I play in fullscreen the fps are capped at 30 or 35 but I want to play in windowed mode. I already tried using underclocking programs like throttlestop, but im trying to find a way that is more practical, any ideas?

2. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Have you checked out the Glidewrapper? I haven't used it myself, but I've read of countless others who have, and my understanding is that it was developed specifically to address this situation. If there were any bits of malware associated with it, they should have been apparent by now as it's been used by forum members here for years. Here's a link: http://www.svenswrapper.de/english/index.html

3. naykos

naykos IncGamers Member

Thanks for your suggestion, yes, I tried using glidewrapper but didn't like it for what im trying to do (I still use it to play fullscreen) The glidewrapper windowed mode behaves strange, so I prefer using the -w launch command.
    Luckily for me, I did find a solution: When playing in directdraw mode, you can use /fps to see the framerate, for some reason, using /fps also caps the framerate to ~75, not sure why, but it works for me.