Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Any way of checking which serial numbers I installed with (I have multiple copies)

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Magos, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Magos

Magos IncGamers Member

Any way of checking which serial numbers I installed with (I have multiple copies)

I have about 3 or 4 copies of D2 and LoD. I can never remember which copies I've used to install on which of my PC's. Is there anywhere in the games directory where the registration numbers I used for the install are recorded ? Need to know which copies to (not) use to re install on one of my PC's.

Thanks

2. Nemertes

Nemertes IncGamers Member

I'd be interested in a response to this as well as I have LoD installed but due to carrying the cd case around in my briefcase the cd-key rubbed off.

3. mantrid_drone

mantrid_drone IncGamers Member

I remember having such a program a year or more ago, but I have no idea what it was called. This really doesn't help you in your search, but it does exist :lol:

Your CDKEY is encoded in one of your .mpq files if I remember correctly. The program opens the mpq and decodes that part of the file.

4. Magos

Magos IncGamers Member

If anyone has any leads at all on this it would be appreciated.

5. n0dice111

n0dice111 IncGamers Member

its existant and not hard to find, but it would violate the rules to post it so i wont. Also, this program is commonly used on internet cafes, another reason i wont post it.

6. Magos

Magos IncGamers Member

I don't think this violates the forum rules ? I've bought multiple copies of the game and I'm not trying to cheat or misuse anything; just need to know which copies I presently have installed on my PC so I dont use same copy to install on third PC.

If anyone could either post here or PM me any advice or info on how to get there I'd really appreciate it.