Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Any love for crossbows?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Alex Marheaves, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Alex Marheaves

Alex Marheaves Diabloii.Net Member

has there been any kind of build that centers around crossbows? I have a hell rack and balista blizzard canon with Shael tunes in them both. It feels a shame to just let them sit. I hear crossbows are for experienced bowzons due to the slower fire rate in the xchange for more damage

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Before 1.10, the Buriza was a popular, cheap weapon for amazons (aka burizons). Since then, a Buriza is pretty good until the end of nightmare. I'm usually leveling my bowazons with a Buriza before they can wear Windforce or a Faith GMB. If you need a less rare weapon than that, I suggest an upgraded Witchwild String or Goldstrike Arch.

Hellrack is just one mediocre elite weapons among a lot of others. It might be useful as a secondary weapon versus physical immune monsters, but it will either have (with Shael runes) a high str req or (with Hel runes) be pretty slow... or both, if you chose a different socketing. Besides, an amazon has several other options versus PIs, so it wouldn't be applicable for one anyway.

3. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

I actually still like a Buriza as cheap option on cold bowazons. Packs quite a punch. Nothing like Faith, Windforce or Ice of course, but still ...