Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Any Links to maps of durance 2?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Ohmn, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Ohmn

Ohmn IncGamers Member

Any Links to maps of durance 2?

I heard that in 1.10 there are only so many layouts of durance 2. Anyone have a link?

2. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

not true. asdfsfasfdfs

3. wind

wind IncGamers Member

There was a post some time ago that did mention that there is a pattern where the entrance to 3 spawns in relationship to the room where the wp is. It was rather indepth and had a link to some maps showing the different configurations for the two rooms. It did not suggest that there where only so many maps of the entire level to memorize.

Unfortunately I don't have a link for you.

4. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

I guess if you're really into Meph runs, just do about 10-50 runs, teleporting around the entire place, then take a screenie of the maps. Print them out, whatever, or make your own webpage featuring all 20-5000 possible maps, lol.

5. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

im guessing the possible maps is closer to 4 million combinations.

what i think wind is talking about is that in v1.09, there was a 'trick' to finding the stairs. the stairs always appear on the outside (which is still true, and is also true for finding andariel). so then the question becomes clockwise versus counter-clockwise. i honestly can't remember which is which. but if you put your shield to the wall and teleported (ran) in that direction, you would find the stairs to lvl 3 before you found the stairs to lvl 1 75% of the time.

with the expansion of the map, all that went out the window. the map must have tripled in size. i don't know if it still is faster to go around with your shield to the wall. i do it out of habit. its just too big to really say anything concrete about it, other than the exit being on the outside.

but you could do what jackson said, that would be really helpful, if it found anything.

6. Icarus

Icarus IncGamers Member

there is a way they are set up, usually.

i remember dracoy has a website with durance 2 layouts. but i don't know the link.

usually when i try to find durance 3 i do this:

go to the waypoint and look at the location of the room. it depends on which direction the exit is facing. if the exit from the wp room is facing top right, then rotate the map 90 degrees counter clockwise, and you should be able to find durance 3 on that side of the map(top left). 9/10 times this works for me. however this is when i do nightmare meph. i'm not sure if durance 2 layout in nightmare is same in hell.

7. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

The only true fact to use is the direction of the waipoint and stars rooms.

-If your waypoint has its exit to the south west, the stairs room will have its exit to the North West.
    -Wp exit North West, .... North East.
    -North East, -South East.
    -South East, - South West.

In other words, the exit room is always 9- degrees turned from the entrance room.

This is what made the clockwise rule.

However, instead of blindly moving clockwise, you now know at what side of the durance the exit will most likely be and what the room will look like (since there is a specific room for every direction, you should recognise that easilly)
    with this information, you know you should turn back and go look elsewhere if going clockwise has lead you to go around the "corner" of the durance's outside borders and you are now moving along side the wall that will not have the exit.

Sometimes however, the exit can be at very odd places. Understanding this however will greatly enhance the speed to find the exit though.

8. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

There was a thread in the community forum about this:

http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=145236

Dracoy had posted a bunch of Durance layouts on his site. Scroll down to the middle of the 1st page and you will find a rather lengthy description by me. Read it through and you should get an idea of what to look for when you Meph run.

Good luck.

(I really thought that thread should have been stickied but it was not to be)