Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by SilverNyte, Sep 2, 2006.

1. SilverNyte

SilverNyte IncGamers Member

Any ideas?

Alright, so i have 3 brothers, and have been getting a little bored with the standard battlenet lvl up, trade for certain items, then either duel, mf or uber. So while they go on the internet ive been mainly playing sp on our other comp. And i right now have a lvl 24 light sorc in A4 norm and a lvl 23 Skelemancer A2 norm.

My problem is with the skelemancer. I have 5 skeletons and 3 mages, my merc is a lvl 22 prayer merc, and i have a clay/blood golem to go with them. Now im having problems on duriel, almost the same i had on andy..where i had to amp forever until all my summons died form the poison spray and then tp and get more and go back and do it again. Except now, Durry just swings like once, and my skeles drop. I was using /players8 but switched to /players1 to try to kill him quick and same thing happened. Do any of you have any ideas? also have amp, im, terror, life tap, and weaken for curses if that helps currently only one point in ce and summon mastery.

2. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Duriel in normal is a pain in the rear. Decrepify is what I would suggest for Duriel. Back to town for lots of merc resurrection/skelly retrieval. Or MP in a group and get an older dude to whip his rear.

3. SilverNyte

SilverNyte IncGamers Member

kk.. so il just go up one level and get a point in decrep and add probably a point in to summon resist and see how that goes:) (i have one skill point saved atm)

4. Deaddave

Deaddave IncGamers Member

just a general tip dont bother using skele mages there damage out put dosnt cut it in late normal never mind nightmare and hell. and yer get decrep onather trick i used to beat them (not sure what lvl u need for it) is life tap 50% life leach is very gd for keep mercs alive

5. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

I always try to get a point in the mages (or find a head or wand with the skill on it) and be level 24. That way you can have decrep, clay golem and an ice mage (one is enough). Pretty much still sitting bosses after that. You can use this tactic on every boss you come across (up to hell baal).

6. #endgame

#endgame IncGamers Member

Doesn't IM+Clay Golem = dead Duriel?

7. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

Decrepify should solve your problems... and also, I don't really use mages that much, but that's just my preference. I took duri down last week with only skellies and a merc, using decrep.

8. scarred_life

scarred_life IncGamers Member

From here - http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=349093

Really great guide I would suggest reading it over, good information on just about anything you would want to know or need to know.

9. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Well, it is written by the Fisheh *bows*.

Back on topic - Silvernyte, I couldn't connect to your game. I have sent you a pm - If you see me on, just poke me if you ever need a hand with the big D.

10. SiTro

SiTro IncGamers Member

Normal Diablo will probably be one of the hardest fights for a summoner. Decrepify will help you out again. Also see if he's biased towards any of your minions. He always seems to pick on my clay golem for some reason - there was a thread around here which seemed to indicate his target selection could be based on how much life the golem/merc/minion/you have.

Anyway, if he goes after your golem as well, the advantage there is that your golem is recastable. Just summon him again on the other side of the big nasty, and try and keep him a little away from your skellies. That way Diablo should focus on the golem while your skeletons pound on him. Job done.

Or just call out to the heavens and hope that a wandering light sorc takes pity on your character. :wink:

11. PSYCHO

PSYCHO IncGamers Member

Indeed it does and that is what I was going to suggest. Mana Potions + Clay Golem + IM = dead boss of any description.