Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Any good mods out?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Cektor, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Cektor

Cektor IncGamers Member

Any good mods out?

I haven't played in a long time. I intend to install PlugY on both my machines and maybe another mod and I am being up front about this. I do not intend to trade or participate in any MP games I just come here for advice.

Me and my brother are gonna team up on vanilla 1.11 (with plugy) and just try to play together. Are there any fun mods out that would have come along since I last played? (year or two ago) ??

Thanks.

2. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Search for Brother Lazarus. Median.

3. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

I heard that Valhalla (not sure about spelling) and Median are good mods, personally I played Eastern Sun and enjoyed it, but returned to vanilla soon.

You can search some mods at Phrozen Keep

4. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

Don't bother with PlugY. Uber Tristram's AI doesn't work properly (they don't summon minions or attack properly) and the best part about it was killing the DC. Even that got pretty lame since my HC smitadin (VERY) easily beat him, with less than decent gear.
    Even then, if you use the Anny charm it really simplifies the game too much. Stats/skills/resists in a small inventory space...
    Maybe it'd be better without a smitadin/zealadin in MP with friends, but I'd still know a basic zealadin/smite could defeat him easily.

I know a pretty good v1.10 mod (large file) if that's the version you'll be playing. It does give uber drops (1 new monster in hell drops only EU's) and the Ancients drop Bul'Kathos' set, but you really need them. The difficulty is amazing, and the crypt in normal is impossible until you at least kill Diablo. If the item drops were normal you'd get nowhere.

Unfortunately, the creator got too busy with RL, and couldn't convert it to 1.11, so I left it ages ago.

I've heard Median and Eastern Sun are both good, but have never played them.

5. Randall

Randall IncGamers Member

PlugY is the only way for modded games to have shared (EDIT: and large) stashes and this is the main reason why PlugY is used / needed for modded games.

Randall

6. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

People want the shared stash? I guess it may be nice for some people, but I don't see the point of it.

7. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

If you want to play a mod which Atma doesn't support (pretty much every mod that has additional/different items from vanilla), it's the best tool for muling items.
    Now enough about PlugY, because it's considered cheat/hack here in SPF.

8. Cektor

Cektor IncGamers Member

I know PlugY is considered a cheat but if I am upfront about my use of it why cant I still discuss some of the non-cheat like features?

Also, Median looks quite interesting. I think I am gonna try that one.

9. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Because although the official rule here is 'What you do on your own computer is your own business, so long as you are up-front about it', the unspoken rule here in the SPF is 'You use a hack/cheat/dupe programme so we don't want the likes of you in here!'.

Hypocrisy.

In other words, I'm on your side.

10. Arreat_mercenary

Arreat_mercenary IncGamers Member

Something up Frost? Since the banning you have been somewhat different.

Although, yeah, there's some tension when someone accepts that he/she uses a mod which is normally not allowed in the SPF or admits to hack, cheat or dupe even if him/her states that he/she does not want to MP or trade

11. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Oh, you noticed??

And it has nothing to do with the banning, which was fair on Hrus's part, since he banned both me and the other party.

12. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

Discussing it's features can be considered to be Pimping it, and since it is classified as a hack, that's where the problem comes in. Of course, you didn't start this thread as a PlugY discussion, so your thread is fine. :smiley: It was the OT that was moving into a quesitonable area, and Hrus was just steering things back on track.

Now, back on topic: :wink3: I'm still busy with Vanilla and RWM D2, but when I get bored with that, Median will probably be first up on the list.

13. Aerwynd

Aerwynd IncGamers Member

Lord Vega drug me over to ES for a bit before my return to Vanilla, then RRM/RWM D2... I liked it... especially the GemWords... But... There seemed to be TOO much stuff to do... I printed out over 300 pages for a QRG (Quick Reference Guide) which wasn't so quick...

What's Median about (if we can ask, if not, sorry!!!)? I don't know anything about it, but people are saying it's good...

Aerwynd

14. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

Clicky.

15. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

Median provides completely new skillsets for all the characters (althoough some skills do overlap). It's rather fun! And the good thing is that you only have to swap one file to use it, so you can keep your Diablo II characters completely separate (and untainted) by the mod characters. (Just to be safe, back up your Save folder someplace safe, and replace it with an empty one to use only with the Median characters. Then, when you want ot swtich back, back up the Median Save folder, delete it from the game, replace the file with the original one--which you should have put somewhere safe!)

Jude

EDIT: Pawned by Cattleya...

16. Cektor

Cektor IncGamers Member

well I decided to go with ES instead. Seems better for me and my brothers team play idea.

So, who all plays ES?

17. Aerwynd

Aerwynd IncGamers Member

I don't have the files anymore, but if I get bored of D2X again, I might give it another whirl... Or Median (sounds fun)...

GL w/ ES!!! The first 10 CLvls come REALLY slow!!!

18. aidennz

aidennz IncGamers Member

ES is nice like people say through there is ALOT in it. Learning the cube recipies and runewords etc can be painful.

Also be warned like a lot of mods it's not really the most reliable for multiplay. Some people have a lot of problems trying to get it to work properly.

Although these could of changed it's been several months since I played or checked on ES.

19. Randall

Randall IncGamers Member

I've started a bit with Median 2007 (1.31) as well, it's allready fun.
    I'm just awaiting the 2008 version which will have less shared skills between characters and more new skills. Finally summons will return good I hope/read.

In the time I am waiting, I got Flavie adjusted to reading character files, it allready can read Median character files and show these items. (I have no item list though).
    I also need to adjust Flavie to the plugy stash files, but these are very simular to atma stash files so that should not be to complicated.

Once that conversion is completed you can search and list Median (or other mods) items with Flavie.

PS.
    the downloadable Flavie 1.5 beta1 can not read median files (it doesn't have the proper txt files added).

20. Cektor

Cektor IncGamers Member

This is what I am running.

http://homepage3.nifty.com/miyoshino/es/es3top.htm

reiyo_tsuru_es300patch_R2F_full.zip

Whats the board consensus on that mod?

I guess if I find another user with that mod we can trade.

Also, it took a short while but I got it running it on my network, me and my brother are about lvl 7 now.

Kinda hard...