any fun necro builds!?

phool

Diabloii.Net Member
any fun necro builds!?

I've tried to make a necromancer several times now, but they've all been really boring and take ages to kill stuff. Has anyone who didn't like necros been converted by a build which isn't at all boring? Price isn't an issue for me, and I've found loads of necrop items recently, skullflame, marrowalk, just about every uni wand... I've got only 2 requirements, being enjoyable and being able to complete the game solo :eek:

I'm not posting to the necro forum cos they're not gonna be very impartial...

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
phool said:
What makes you think I won't be seeing this just because you are not posting it in the necro forum? :)

phatbrava

Diabloii.Net Member
phool said:
I've tried to make a necromancer several times now, but they've all been really boring and take ages to kill stuff. Has anyone who didn't like necros been converted by a build which isn't at all boring? Price isn't an issue for me, and I've found loads of necrop items recently, skullflame, marrowalk, just about every uni wand... I've got only 2 requirements, being enjoyable and being able to complete the game solo :eek:

im a converted guy
i didnt like necros at all
i was a melee fan, loved palas and barbs
but then i read NF's skeliemancer guide
here
im in love with necros at this point.
i've patted this char about a week ago
he's great for MFing
as he can wear loads of MF gear without losing his power
all you need for this char is a good merc
now im planning on building a bonemancer
and after i find trang's belt (the piece that's missing from my set) ill do a poinsonmancer
i say go for a fishymancer!
its worthwhile

Naitti

Diabloii.Net Member
Summonmancer? Boring? Not in my opinion. Expensive? Nope, cheap as a quill rat. Can solo hell? Absolutetly. Fast to kill? Very fast.

How to do? Well, my own looks like this:
20 skellie mastery
20 raise skeleton
20 CE
20 teeth (for killing cows in normal, and helping lvl'ing low chars)
1 to all prerequisites until decrepify
1 to all other skills in summon tree, except 0 for fire golem

+ skills get you to high-enough level.

What items should I use? There are numerous items that you could use, but mine looks like this:

+3 summon circlet
+3 summon amulet
trangs armor
arachnid's mesh
homonculus
arm of king leoric
marrowwalks
trang's gloves
I don't have sojs or bk's for rings yet, but if you can afford them, then use those.

6 summon skillers (about a pul each)

might merc from act2 nm

If you have enough wealth, you can try these aswell
enigma for your necro (teleporting :thumbsup: )
beast for necro (lvl 9 fanaticism for skellies :thumbsup: )
pride for merc (lvl 18 concentration for skellies :thumbsup: )
bramble for merc (lvl 15-21 thorns for skellies :thumbsup: )

You don't need but one kill usually, then you cast a few CE's and everything explodes to pieces.

Rocks my world when cows die faster than with javazon

Cheers, Naitti

SharnMes

Diabloii.Net Member
Summonmancer: Fun because not alot of point and click like a melee char. More of a strategic approach.

20 Raise Skeleton
20 Mages
20 Skeleton Mastery
20 Corpse Explosion
1 in all skills in summon three except Fire to get to revives.
One in amp, weaken, terror and decrepify
Spend remaining points in bone wall to strengthen bone armor.

Use minions to get the first corpses and then CE the rest of the monsters straight to hell!! Easy and fast.

Use mages when engaging PI or when you like get extra protection (not when your playing in tight quaters (magot lair etc)....)

if you can afford it, bearmancers are teh pwn. its like a summoner that uses beast to boost his skellies, and he can randomly switch to bear form and start kicking ass at will.

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
For the standard builds, it's a all a matter of what you consider "fun".

I've played a Skelemancer for ages, and have just started my second playchar this season. I wanted something different, so I made a Bowazon.

Why is this worth mentioning? Because the two classes are completely different: as a Skelemancer, the only way of dealing direct damage is the Firewalls from my Trangs set, which means my main job is to stand in the background, cursing, casting corpse explosion, and placing gumby where he's most useful. Other than that it's a very "passive" build --- in fact, when I killed nightmare-Ancients for my Bowazon, I just put im in the middle of the statues, ALT-TABed to my bowazon, activated the ancients, and waited, getting out of the way of the ancients when one came too close.

Didn't take long and I got the quest --- without me ever touching the Skelemancer during this, no curses, no Gumby-recast, no firewalls.

I won't be doing it the same way for hell ancients, though :)

And it's basically the same for everything --- Diablo, Baal, Mephisto, whatever --- my skellies+mages do the work, I just refresh my decrep occasionally and stay back, watching and enoying the rest: without corpses to CE those bosses take a little bit longer than your average random boss.

I also have all of the gear I'd use for a bonemancer, except for p&b skillers, and I'm a bit short on resist charms. Might be trying to get Tals armor+amu instead to make a sorc --- since in addition to being a caster she can teleport, which makes her significantly different from the Bowazon as well.

I know I didn't just talk about Necros here, but the thing is --- character classes are different, and different people might have different ideas about "fun" classes.

phool

Diabloii.Net Member
thanks for all the advice :D

I think I'll max summon skeleton and skeleton mastery and use CE, then put some points in revive and throw amp damage. Currently lvl 32 with +5slvl, lvl 20 summon skeleton. Its... 'fun'... :cool:

vagrantrogue

Diabloii.Net Member
maybe im not going about this right, but my summon necro takes forever to take down certain bosses like diablo or duriel. i'm playing untwinked and solo-ing starting from normal. is this what i'm supposed to experience? some people here make it sound like cakewalk, but the only cakewalk i've experienced with bosses so far was mephisto.

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
vagrantrogue said:
maybe im not going about this right, but my summon necro takes forever to take down certain bosses like diablo or duriel. i'm playing untwinked and solo-ing starting from normal. is this what i'm supposed to experience? some people here make it sound like cakewalk, but the only cakewalk i've experienced with bosses so far was mephisto.
You need more CB. A lot of CB will make things much easier. You can make "Strength" and get 25%. Almost everyone has the runes for that.

Also Norm is rather hard for a Skelliemancer. Your Skellies aren’t up to par yet so the encounter with Big D can be a bit annoying.

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
You really need to pick up a few +skills to see your skeletons shine. Diablo normal is the stumbling block for most inexperienced summoners, however. Summon Resist is essential. Using decrepify and resummoning gumby on a side of Diablo with the fewest skeletons is the best way. He tends to focus on the CG first so that way his fire hose won't kill as many skeletons.

vagrantrogue

Diabloii.Net Member
Mad Mantis said:
You need more CB. A lot of CB will make things much easier. You can make "Strength" and get 25%. Almost everyone has the runes for that.

Also Norm is rather hard for a Skelliemancer. Your Skellies aren’t up to par yet so the encounter with Big D can be a bit annoying.
yea...diablo hosed down my skellies in one magnificent furious blow. :(
i had to run and come back with a new army like 10 times before he died...hehe

im hoping nightmare wont be as bad..

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
vagrantrogue said:
im hoping nightmare wont be as bad..
NM should be much easier. You'll get a Might Merc, making Skellie damage skyrocket. Just focus on getting +skills as Pherdnut suggested and things should be fine.

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightmare should actually get easier as you will have more ready access to +1-3 summon and all necro items and that might merc helps in a big way. You'll also start having enough mana to corpse explode more frequently. I'm convinced Blessed Aim is the best merc to start in Normal now. I always went with prayer to help make them survivable.

vagrantrogue

Diabloii.Net Member
Pherdnut said:
Nightmare should actually get easier as you will have more ready access to +1-3 summon and all necro items and that might merc helps in a big way. You'll also start having enough mana to corpse explode more frequently. I'm convinced Blessed Aim is the best merc to start in Normal now. I always went with prayer to help make them survivable.
yea..i chose blessed aim, and they'd rip through normal packs and unique monsters like hot knife through butter. :thumbsup:

but the bosses...it's the other way around. on the bright side, i only got baal left. what's a good level to beat normal? im around lvl 24 right now...

Arkuss

Diabloii.Net Member
tsk tsk

Daggermancer is the way to go. A.K.A MELEEMANCER.
Get yourself a perfect black bogs. Max out psn dagger psn corps explosion and psn nova then bone armor. rest go into lower resistance and just WA BAM WA BAM WA BAM. as far as the rest of the gear goes its up to you. if your rich buy all the godly stuff if your poor... dont try this.
and just to you people who think melee mancers get raped to any descent zealot or barbarian. YOUR WRONG. and this is rly fun because who would of thought they would die to a stinkin dagger! also you NEED 10 gc's and you
NEED trangoul gloves. k have fun i dont reply to my builds cuz you people just b.m me.

Blackfalcon

Diabloii.Net Member
The skelly was my 1st (kinda) build.

1st Try: Lv.12----Hey there is more than 1 skill tree section *starts over*
4th Try: Hey, lets get bored and make a concentrate Barbarian. (actually very good if you aren't just looking for necros)
5th Try: Actually kept doing it and stopped at lv28 because I'm too damn lazy.

So yes its a cool build if you keep doing it...........and don't give up being pissed at Act 3. :uhhuh: