Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

any decent, fun, survivable characters?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by tuxor, Oct 9, 2006.

1. tuxor

tuxor IncGamers Member

any decent, fun, survivable characters?

Okay, all 3 of my characters died, due to lag, stupidity, and my parents forcing me off the computer to help them cover the pool. are there any actually fun, survivable, preferably untwinked characters for HC? i'm thinking about an SS druid, or something else, that's actually fun, but that can also survive. summonancers are out, as are trapsins.

2. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

Javazon?

I'm playing as a Blizzballer right now, but without decent equipment, I consider sorcs to be low on the surviability totem pole. Although, mad fun.

3. tuxor

tuxor IncGamers Member

sorcs are decently fun, they get pretty boring after a while, but i've never tried a blizzballer. and i find javazons mad annoying, you just sit there throwing javelins until everything's dead, or you're out of mana. i think i'm going to make a fury druid

20 wolf
    20 lycan.
    20 fury
    20 spirit( HoW or Oak??)
    Rest into Grizzly

4. veganNecro

veganNecro IncGamers Member

honestly any character (unless you create a weird build that's just not planned out well) is survivable in HC, you just need to change the way you play. some builds definitely make it easier to survive, like a skellimancer, but it's certainly possible to play HC w/ any char :). if you haven't yet, definitely read the HC guide that's stickied in this forum...it's got lots of good pointers.

5. BongoFury

BongoFury IncGamers Member

This is HC, definitely Oak.

And why would you want to max Wolf? With any of the usual end game weapons you can reach maximum speed with only a handful of points in Wolf, usually covered by a single point and modest plus skills. So all those points in Wolf are only giving you AR, something you can make up elsewhere. You're better off with a partially synergized Firer Claws or a beefy Grizzly.

But if you've lost 3 toons lately, I'm not sure untwinked melee is the way to go. Unless you find dying fun. IMO, you should brush up on your playing skill with a 'boring' caster type. Something stand off that will survive, get you further into the game, and let you build up some gear.

6. tuxor

tuxor IncGamers Member

only 2 of the characters were melee, and those two were hardly my fault, the necro was kinda mine though. and as for the 20 wolf, i probably will need all that AR, and i have no idea what kind of weapon i'll be using endgame, it could be a crappy thundermaul or something, okay, i wouldn't be that dumb, but i have no idea. also i've heard it been said that an MF character is a bad idea for the first char, but if you guys think otherwise, i'll make a hammerdin/sorc or something.

how about kickers? they're decently fun, for some reason i've never finished one though.

7. BongoFury

One thing you need to learn in HC, when you die, it's ALWAYS your fault. The important thing is to identify what you did wrong, and learn from it. If you don't admit that it was your fault, you can't learn from your mistake, and you'll be guaranteed to lose another toon.

8. tuxor

tuxor IncGamers Member

lag is most def. my fault?
    k

i think i'm going to make a blizzballer

20 Blizz
    20 Ice Blast
    1 CM
    Rest into Ice Bolt
    1 Pre-reqs

20 Meteor
    20 Fireball
    1 FM
    1 Warmth
    1 pre-reqs

Static
    Teleport
    pre-reqs

9. Rekoc

Rekoc IncGamers Member

Lags not your fault. Mostly neither is TPPK unless your really stupid and the person who is doing it is obvious.

@Tuxor. A dual element sorc really isnt the way to go if you have no items as both skills will be very weak. Your looking at maybe 1.5k blizz and 1k fireball.

Try an Orb sorc first. Mouseys Orb Sorc Guide

People debate over it...but I love it.

10. BongoFury

If you don't build your characters to survive a little lag, it's your fault. If you play a fragile character when it's laggy, it's your fault. If you play HC when it's very laggy, it's your fault. If you play HC knowing lag is a fact of life, and you die, it's your fault.

If you play pubbies and you don't expect TPPK at any moment, it's your fault. If you play pubbies and you put yourself into a position to be TPPK'd, it's your fault. If you play pubbies with an unusually high level character, it's your fault.

If you get PK'd, it's your fault.

It's easy to blame something/someone else when you die. But irregardless, when you die, it's your fault. If you understand this and embrace it, you'll do much better at HC.

11. veganNecro

veganNecro IncGamers Member

Agreed. If you want to survive long in HC, you need to play fairly conservatively. Certainly there will be times when dying is completely unavoidable, but those are few and far in between I think. It might happen that you're playing in a seemingly lag-free game, fighting a big boss, then all of a sudden it freezes up and you just can't save/quit in time or you do but the server doesn't recognize it, and you die. That's unavoidable, really.

But most of the time, you can avoid dying. If it's lagging, quit. Or at least don't fight anything lightning enchanted while it's lagging :wink3:.

12. myleftfoot

myleftfoot IncGamers Member

Great fun you are.

13. Full_Circle

Full_Circle IncGamers Member

Wow, Bongo and I agree. There's a first for everything. ;)

14. Rekoc

Rekoc IncGamers Member

I agree but you could have a barbarian with 3k life and max block...no lag at all but you could get a huge lag spike and bam...your dead. Thats your fault? Not always.

15. Full_Circle

YES, ALWAYS! DIIIIIIEEEE SPADE!

Oh, I mean, "HI Spade!"

16. Rekoc

Rekoc IncGamers Member

Wooo! Hi Treb.

Uhm...I have been playing single player a lot. Its fun. Im richer here now ...more itemz then I ever had on bnet.

Did the pindlethon..(its still going but im already finished) 2000 runs. found 2 mang songs (1 eth) and a deaths fathom!

HAIII ALLL!!!

17. Full_Circle

I've been playing a bit of the single player, too. Not a lot, but some. I don't really have any riches yet... can't even run NM Meph efficiently yet.

18. AnimageCGF

AnimageCGF IncGamers Member

Visited channel for first time. lots of nice folkies...

Alot of talk about pking and such, not my cup of tea.

19. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

Yea, we have a lot of people who legitly PK that hang out with us, they're very knowledgable (unlike me) and very helpful (again unlike me), never had a problem with any of our duelers hunting Banana channel members, and as long as everyone follows our rules, Mr. Aaron there shouldn't need to harvest any ears eh?

Cheers
    -Tai

20. Parsnips

Parsnips IncGamers Member

Haha Tai....
    Welcome back Spader, I'm glad you're finding something that you like, reinventing yourself in this game is important. Otherwise it gets really boring :smiley: .
    I agree with the notion of having your chars survive some lag. A char that might be a good one and azz and I just made is a nigma, hammer. He's tough and can get around as fast as a sorc (almost:tongue: ). Another benifit to this build is you hardley run into any immunes, which can be a pain with ele's.