Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Any Classic Community Channels ?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by eggo, Jun 3, 2005.

1. eggo

eggo IncGamers Member

Any Classic Community Channels ?

Are there any ? Ones where people can get together and quest or do CS runs or something ?

2. Immortality

Immortality Banned

In the main chat, back in 1.09, was separate from from the expansion chat. Now that blizzard has merged those two together, it is very difficult for gathering classic players.

Personally, I dont spend that much time in the main chat. Usually its just a bunch of stupid people making dumb remarks.

I do not know of any public classic community channels, but you certainly start one.

If you need a CSin buddy and your on East Ladder be sure to msg me.

Acct: Imm0rtality
    Note that the 0 is a number

3. SwampBox

SwampBox IncGamers Member

Op Ehcc <--- EAST HARDCORE CLASSICAL LADDER ONLY.

4. eggo

eggo IncGamers Member

Yeah, I agree with you Immortality, which is why I wanted to see if there were other communities out there..oh and I'm also on USEast..but Non-Ladder.

5. Fearlessone

Fearlessone IncGamers Member

The 1.10 patch...

Getting rid of the classic chat channels on Oct. 28th 2003 was one of many ways Blizzard said to us here: screw u in classic, buy LoD. Yeah, well alot of ppl here have it, and aren't impressed by the boring Baal minion runs. There are several specific csrun channels in USWest ladder, what u can do is just start a run or join and start asking around. Often, there are ppl who do only csruns and do them 4-6 hours a day, during the same time that u will be playing, so hook up with them.

Once, just after the patch, some guy ran around to alot of csruns and said: "For csruns, join channel csruns!" He did this for several days and people started going to this channel, then he and the channel pooped out. So one persistent person can make a difference, or at least try...

6. magnet

magnet IncGamers Member

try op lau-2 for sccl west

and

olo for hccl west

7. Classics

Classics IncGamers Member

OLO is also a HCXL channel, not just HCCL. I visit with all types of chars (SCCL, HCCL, SCXL, HCXL). oP Lau-2, however, is purely SCCL.

8. Fearlessone

Fearlessone IncGamers Member

Yes, its the most 'notorious' csrun channel....

That channel is very elite(softcore ladder uswest). It was started I think back during the days of 1.09. Don't even know if the originator still plays, but she is still on the ladder from 9 months ago, when last seen around. It's a place for sora runners. While u may notice that u have to kill ALL of the spawns each time in baal runs, sora runs can be quite chaotic, with the only concern for the 3 seal bosses and diablo.

For almost 15 hours yesterday, late morning thru day and evening and nite till early A.M. today, an alternative type of cs 'run' was staged with alot of old salts at this, mostly from lvls 65 to 90. I have to admit, exp is slow if u are **-90+. But nobody is over 95 after a year anyhow. So if u are wanting to progress and still have fun, these 'runs' might be for u. We give them a different kind of name to keep sora types at bay: riverwalks, or safewalks are good names. We use these names cuz "diablo423" and "csrun087", just convey a sense of an assembly line fused to a crack brain. We only got up to 50 during that time, and the run was restarted once. We had only one pk during that time, and my did his orb sorc have to run from my poisnova necro!

Barbs in these safewalks have ways of surviving past lvl 80 and lvling up too! But in the chaotic sora runs, they can only stand around, give bo, run with the pack of sorcies and pallys and in general, look stupid:teeth:.

Back in the 'glory years' of csruns on west, just after LoD came out, the runs took about 5 min each. You would see pretty much the same faces day after day, with new faces coming and going or staying. Barbs pretty much were the leaders then. Sometimes the runs would go on for several days, u would come and go many times and realize u were in the same run, sometimes with completely different people, sometimes not. That was before so many with auto-pickits, mh to see equipped items, dupes galore. Ahh, those were the days, the even field and familiar faces... :drink: