Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Any chart for throwing breakpoints?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Ghoulz, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Ghoulz

Ghoulz Diabloii.Net Member

Any chart for throwing breakpoints?

My enchantress uses a Warshrike with her dual dream combo, but the only problem is that I don't know the breakpoints for throwing a single weapon.

Is it the same as a normal attack's? Im not sure if she's already at the limit, or if more IAS could speed her up even more. She's not going using a faith merc BTW so don't bring it up.

2. stephan

stephan Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Any chart for throwing breakpoints?

Just use the german calculator.

You might want to now that LM doesn't apply to the dreams when using a ranged attack.

3. Ghoulz

That doesn't have a single throw option.

You sure LM doesn't work now? I have no trouble killing FIs with one hit once conviction hits em.

4. Millard

Millard Diabloii.Net Member

there's actually more than one german calculator make sure you're using the good one here:

http://diablo3.ingame.de/tips/calcs/speedcalc_titanseal/speedcalc_english.php

FI's? you mean lightning immunes?
    Q: what's your tooltip damage?

i'm not sure about lightning mastery but i've done tests and found this about fire mastery and enchant:

1) fire mastery applies twice, once to the skill itself and once again when you attack with it.
    2) but it only applies once for bows.
    3) the tooltip is bugged for bows, showing the damage it would do if it applied twice not once like it actually does.

although you could test it yourself-- look up the HP of a mob on arreat summit, hit it a bit, and see how fast it dies.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  5. stephan

Sorry, I had a little bit of a brainfart. LM works, but only once.

What I should have said is that you don't get the double application of LM like when you are meleeing.

6. Ghoulz

Well it doesn't matter too much, she has plenty of weapon options if she's killing certain mobs too slowly.

And that calculator doesn't even have a flying knife in it! But I probably won't hit the last breakpoint anyways, I don't got the freedom/choice for an extra 20 ias.

7. stephan

Hehe, nice find.

A flying knife has the same speed as a battle dart, so use that. :)

8. Flayed One

Flayed One Diabloii.Net Member

It would have the same bps as battle dart:
    68 IAS = 13 FPA
    99 IAS = 12 FPA
    152 IAS = 11 FPA

-edit- Damn, stephan was faster:p

9. Doppel

Doppel Banned

Warshrike is a winged knife if i remember correctly. Or am i missing something?

10. Ghoulz

That's the dual-sided throwing knife.

11. onderduiker

onderduiker Diabloii.Net Member

+% Lightning Skill Damage from Lightning Mastery and items applies to Holy Shock in a similar way: it's applied to its lightning damage before it's added to weapon damage, then it's applied to that damage again when a melee attack is used (although again, the character screen incorrectly displays it being applied to ranged attack damage). So applying level 30 Lightning Mastery (+398% LSD) to 1-1,668 lightning damage from Level 30 Holy Shock Aura When Equipped results in approximately 5-8,307 lightning damage being applied with a ranged attack, and approximately 24-41,367 lightning damage being applied with a melee attack.

The Arreat Summit lists life ranging from the minimum off-Ladder to the maximum on it, and even those values are only likely to be accurate for monsters in Normal and boss monsters in all difficulty levels, since monster level in Nightmare and Hell has been determined by area level since 1.10. For example, its Fallen page gives the Fallen sub-type level 67 and 771-2,261 hit points in Hell: while Fallen in the Blood Moor (a level 67 area) have 1,028-2,261 hit points in Ladder games, Fallen that spawn in the Underground Passage Level 2 (a level 83 area) have 1,488-3,273 hit points (almost 45% higher). You should not trust the AS for monster level, attack and defence rating, damage, hit points and experience in Nightmare and Hell (although most discrepancies are probably not as severe as they are for Fallen in Hell).

According to the Arreat Summit, UniqueItems.txt cross-referenced with Weapons.txt and what I've found myself, Warshrike is a Winged Knife (its Unique inventory graphic is misleading).

12. Doppel

Doppel Banned

Its always enlightening when onderduiker explains stuff. I tried Warshrike a few ladders ago on a Dream sorceress and i wasn't really impressed with it compared to zealing enemies with Passion RW, now i know why.
    In comparison a paladin with dream throwing Warshrike while running conviction felt to perform much better imo, but ladder was at an end and i didn't give it much more thought.