Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Anti Pally Class Ideas

Discussion in 'PvP' started by '22'Souljah, Jun 8, 2005.

1. '22'Souljah

'22'Souljah Diabloii.Net Member

Anti Pally Class Ideas

this is for vs all the common pallies and the new energized ladder pallies
    right now i'm leaning towards wind druids being the class that can take out all pallies

2. Darknicrofia

Darknicrofia Diabloii.Net Member

[QUOTE='22'Souljah]this is for vs all the common pallies and the new energized ladder pallies
    right now i'm leaning towards wind druids being the class that can take out all pallies[/QUOTE]

if you know how to ww, go with a ww barb, good barbs claim you dont even need ar or block to hit and kill pallies, you just have to know how to whirl.

or a good minion stacking necro always does the trick, summon some skeletons, decrep, watch them die from spirits and spears

3. Rice_Farmer3

Rice_Farmer3 Diabloii.Net Member

I hear well built Barbs can take out mostly any builds except themselves...

4. mhl12

mhl12 Diabloii.Net Member

go for casters with fcr. Sorcs, windys, and necros are all good ideas. Beware of charge lock though.

5. dkay

dkay Diabloii.Net Member

irony heh.

best class to kill off most with ease imo is windy or a very well played minion stacked necro.

6. Phyrexial

Phyrexial Diabloii.Net Member

Let's see... the pally classes you'd want to take into account that I know of off the top of my head:

Zealer
    Hammerdin
    FoHer
    Smiter
    Charger
    Mage (hammers/foh)
    v/t (foh/smite)
    Crusader (charge/smite)
    Dreamer

Those are the competitive builds I can think of for pallies. Zealers, Chargers, and FoHers are completely destroyed by Windies. It's practically an auto-win. Hammerdins can be tough, especially the desynch ones but it's doable and from what I hear the advantage goes to the Windy. Smiter's generally won't beat a competent Windy in a tanking contest except in the rare cases where lifetap goes off and the minions become juvs. Even then, the Windy can tele away and recast. Against a defensive Windy, things tip in the Druid's favor. A Dreamer relies heavily on elemental damage and Conviction, both of which are largely negated by Cyclone armor.

The hybrids are just weaker versions of the pure builds against a Windy. A v/t is essentially a weaker smiter, Mage is a weaker hammerdin, and a Crusader is a weaker smiter.

7. rawrj

rawrj Diabloii.Net Member

windy would still win, just port hit on top of the pala, with hurricane going and if you have a nice fcr spam tornado and if you dont spam tornado and watch them die,

8. Davie.

Davie. Diabloii.Net Member

Make a hammerdin or a windy.

9. Speederländer

Speederländer Diabloii.Net Member

Rare? Are you kidding dude? LT goes off practically every duel I've ever had with a smiter.

10. rawrj

rawrj Diabloii.Net Member

that depends on you chance to cast you might ahve a high chance where as the other fellow might have a lower chance to lifetap, so thats where you might be going wrong

11. '22'Souljah

'22'Souljah Diabloii.Net Member

i want to make a windy even badder now
    now to think of the ways to get the items...

12. dkay

dkay Diabloii.Net Member

so what if LT triggers? for it to trigger, take this into consideration:

only way it could have triggered is if he got close and hit a dog/oak

now take this into consideration:

hes RIGHT within range for a volley of nados. GG.

13. Phyrexial

Phyrexial Diabloii.Net Member

You'd be surprised how many people believe Rends > Dracs for smiters. Then Exhile becomes their only source of ctc lifetap and that is a pretty low chance.

Still, they will most likely be dead or near dead by the time that happens and barely through your minions. Should LT trigger, tele away and recast. Rinse and repeat. If a smiter kills all 5 dogs and you still haven't killed him, you're most likely doing something wrong. I mean come on, the Windies can practically out tank a Hammerdin. What makes you think a Smiter is going to get through faster than a Hammerdin?

14. Speederländer

They hit you once with tap and they just refilled their globe. I'm not talking from a windy perspective so much as a general one. I rarely see ladder people with rends, so maybe it's just a matter of location. In any event, LT triggers constantly in my various duels with pallys. That is my most despised runeword. So many duels I've had come down to the wire for both me and the pally, only to watch LT trigger and their globe instantly jumps to full. It's not so much that I think that it's "cheap" or anything like that, it just makes me not want to duel pallys because it tends to be unfun and downright annoying when LT triggers and I'm reminded how little Blizz cares about balancing the PvP aspect of the game, which happens to drive most of the remaining core of Diablo players at this late stage of the game's life.

15. lCE

lCE Diabloii.Net Member

IMO, necros have always been considered as the paladin's bane. My vote goes for bonenec with revive minion stacking.
    Btw, whats the point of rends on smiter? Dracs/bloodfist/blood crafted gloves >>>> rends.

16. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy Diabloii.Net Member

Minion Stacking = pointless against Hammers.

- Dennis

17. fugitive alien2

fugitive alien2 Diabloii.Net Member

ahh memories

answer is bone nec because they are the only class than can stop desynch charge (with walls)

18. IN_FLAMES

IN_FLAMES Banned

Minion stacking pointless against hammers? What?

Seeing as a well-built Summon/Bone hybrid would take out the pally in a matter of 4 seconds..

A Bone/Summon hybrid would be the best. The only build that would really own it would be a FOH'er with maxed out holy bolt.

19. Speederländer

And oh yeah, as I said, I'm not really talking just plain smiters here. It's the "big picture" pallys that have a hateful smite attack due to grief and exile w/o even investing anything in it. They have this in addition to their hammer or FoH attack, screaming high defense, desync uninterruptible charge, tele, high % LT cast, etc. etc. It's grief powered smite in addition to all the others that just makes it kinda ridiculous.

20. Generator Of Chaos

Generator Of Chaos Diabloii.Net Member

Good Bone/Summon Hybrid Necro = gg palis

unless you just stand and spam (I DID say "good" ) palis just have no chance...

Bone Armour and Gumby alone can protect you from any build that needs closing in... So you'll just maul them with spirit/spear..
    Minion Stacking will save you from hammerdins/FoHers, so you'll just have to spirit/spear them into swiss cheese...

It's particularly funny to watch a cooky FoHer run and spam FoH like crazy and cry as it hits the minions....fun fun..