Anti-Idle?

TTTimo

Diabloii.Net Member
Anti-Idle?

Hi, I know the anti-idle places where your char gets stuck, but does /fps work as well? I read this somewhere.. I'm in a game now with a slow stream of sojs, and I'll park my char there overnight if he doesn't spawn to quick..

P.S. Server 60 Europe :wink3:

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
If you can, park two characters in there. I've had games drop on me before, regardless of "running on the spot" or any other tricks. But every 2-person game I've joined, I've never been kicked out before (unless it was a server drop-type thing).

TTTimo

Diabloii.Net Member
Got the anni, 14/12/6 not to high but who cares :azn: I'd still like to know if /fps works as anti-idle..

Tkennan

Diabloii.Net Member
There's really no way to know whether it does or not. It's just too random - sometimes I get away with idling for hours just standing there, other times I'll use the stuck running trick and get kicked within an hour. Just like the whole "temp perming" business, some people will believe /fps works and others won't, but in both cases it's a good idea to do it anyway, just in case.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
There's really no way to know whether it does or not. It's just too random - sometimes I get away with idling for hours just standing there, other times I'll use the stuck running trick and get kicked within an hour. Just like the whole "temp perming" business, some people will believe /fps works and others won't, but in both cases it's a good idea to do it anyway, just in case.
The only way to be really sure is to set it up so that you can find out exactly why you dropped. For example, dropping due to complete server disconnect after an hour doesn't mean your idling technique didn't work. It just means that the server got roasted.