anti-idle?

Arutha

Diabloii.Net Member
anti-idle?

Is there any way idle in a game without being booted after X amount of time? I heard things like in act5 on the stairs and clicking on your stash so you get stuck running and never reach your stash, does this really help? Also I was wondering how long I can idle in a game before I am dropped.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
In act 1, there is a stack of firewood nearly a screen below the stash. Go below it and click on the stash. It needs a couple of tries, but sooner or later your mule gets stuck and is running endlessly, never reaching the chest..

lCE

Diabloii.Net Member
Imo best thing which i always have done is this:
Put your right hand skill to identify (u must have a scroll or tome of ID in inventory).
Put something heavy on your right mouse button, your char will now perform an endless dance ~~.

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
lCE said:
Imo best thing which i always have done is this:
Put your right hand skill to identify (u must have a scroll or tome of ID in inventory).
Put something heavy on your right mouse button, your char will now perform an endless dance .
I even have a better solution!

Instead of decrepifying your mouse, open Diablo in Windowed mode (make sure your screensaver isn't active) do the identify thingy.
But instead of putting something heavy on your rightmouse button, simply drag your pointer out the Windowed screen and release.

Waaaaay better for your mouse :thumbsup: :lol: :rolleyes:

befkonijn

Diabloii.Net Member
Dawnmaster said:
I even have a better solution!

Instead of decrepifying your mouse, open Diablo in Windowed mode (make sure your screensaver isn't active) do the identify thingy.
But instead of putting something heavy on your rightmouse button, simply drag your pointer out the Windowed screen and release.

Waaaaay better for your mouse :thumbsup: :lol: :rolleyes:
with my mac i just have to do scroll thing in windowed mode then press F9, so the diablo windows goes to the background and then he keeps doing it, pretty much the same as dawnmaster suggested ;)

SDK

Diabloii.Net Member
Arutha said:
Is there any way idle in a game without being booted after X amount of time? I heard things like in act5 on the stairs and clicking on your stash so you get stuck running and never reach your stash, does this really help? Also I was wondering how long I can idle in a game before I am dropped.
There are anti idle tricks in at least 3 of the acts, the 2 metioned as well as act 2; go north of the stash, on the other side of the wall, click on stash, "endless" loop. Not sure how long it's possible to idle, but i've done it for 8 or 9hrs at a time. Find a soj selling game in the morning, go to work, come home hoping for a big surprise (my barb is running right now). On dclone chat i've heard of people idling for upwards of 24hrs, not sure if that's uninterrupted idling.

Arutha

Diabloii.Net Member
SDK said:
There are anti idle tricks in at least 3 of the acts, the 2 metioned as well as act 2; go north of the stash, on the other side of the wall, click on stash, "endless" loop. Not sure how long it's possible to idle, but i've done it for 8 or 9hrs at a time. Find a soj selling game in the morning, go to work, come home hoping for a big surprise (my barb is running right now). On dclone chat i've heard of people idling for upwards of 24hrs, not sure if that's uninterrupted idling.
That is exactly the reason i ask, i am tired of watching a server at night that is about to pop then the next day when i come home from work i find out it popped while i was at work.

Twoflower

Banned
akt 5, make a tp, go into mala s house and klick on tp

works every time, no need to try to times till u r actualy stuck behind taht pile of wood in act1 etc :)