Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Anti-Foh Strategies?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by sJw_shan, Mar 1, 2004.

1. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

Anti-Foh Strategies?

Alright, maybe I shouldn't be dueling foh pallies with my pvm pally in the first place, but I don't quite understand the damage of foh. It has massive lightning damage, and about 1/3 holy bolt damage equivalent or so. Is holy bolt damage magic damage? And if so, is there any way to resist fohers effectively? I've tried wearing blackhorns, t-gods, lightsabre, wisp ring, but I guess the holy bolt damage is still too strong, especially if it's magic damage?
    Thanks in advance for any input.

2. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

holy bolt cannot hurt you. However, you will need stacked lightning resists to take one out. 4 ort armor+tgods is one of the cheapest choices. otherwise, use your best equipment, and make sure you have about 300ish lightning resists + numerical absorb. Good luck!

--welt

3. WvX_leader

WvX_leader Banned

First of - Holy bolt only hurts undead monsters.
    Second - Do not even worry about absorb or '+% resist' until you have enough regular resist to nulify a conviction aura [-150% resist + the resist needed in hell]

After you have enough resist to nulify the conviction aura - Then worry about +% resist and absorb.

4. fonis toastes

fonis toastes Banned

FoH is pure lightning. They usually do it with conviction. Try to raise your max lightning resistance to 90 or 95% (Guardian Angel, Thundergod's, Lo's, etc) and stack your resist to help vs. conviction and its -resist.

Most have a -150% conviction, so imagine your displayed resist before fighting to be -150. Then put on a 4 socket pala shield with 4 p topazes to counter that. You can get up to 205% lite resist in a shield. Toss that on with a Thundergod's and you'll live like 50x longer. GA + TGod's + that shield and make sure you have a little extra just in case (resist that is) and they're doing like 20 dmg a shot, it'll be awesome :)

5. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

Thanks a lot guys.
    Hopefully a 4xOrt shield with 140 light resist and a Blackhorn's with 30% more from an Ort will help =).

6. fonis toastes

fonis toastes Banned

No. If in shields you use perfect topazes. They do 40% each. Orts do 30% there.

7. twn_domn

twn_domn IncGamers Member

Foh and Tele-Foh are two different thing.

If it's just FoH, then just don't get into Conviction range. Pick up a bow and do hit-and-run. Or bone spear/spirit that pally.

If it's Tele-Foh, then u'll get convicted sooner or later. TGod, Blackhorn's face, and one wisp will allow u to soak up one shot.

TGod, Blackhorn's face, two wisps, and lvl 10+ salvation should be able to counter it.

8. xKurupT

xKurupT IncGamers Member

i think if u use like 325 lightning resist stacked, 2 x wisps, 1 thunder gods belt and a light sabre u should put a good fight with all the resist and absorb u should need 325 lighting resist to get maxed in hell inlcuding there conviction... i dont think convict goes over -150 resist even at lvl 40+...

9. DemonicTutor

DemonicTutor IncGamers Member

Conviction at best is -150% light res, counter? 4 socket sheild with 4 P-Topazes = +160% Light res...

GG, conviction is nullified...

FoH pallys useually do like 5k lightning right, maybe 6k if they use some +5% light facuets. 6k after pvp = 1,000. 1k after 75% res = 250. You can forget about conviction with your pro sheild, or salvation aura.

Make it even better by useing thundergods for 85% light res which makes 150 damage FoH, not to mention t-gods absorbs +20 light damage, so 130. Gaurdian angel makes 95% res so then its 50 damage +20 healed from t-god so 30 damage FoH.

30 damage is pretty pathetic if you ask me, especially since my characters generally sport 4k+ life. You could also use a combination of wisp ring/rings instead of guardian angel, or blackthorns face with lightsaber. Lot's of options available.

Pallys generally seem to have the best anti foh gear since they tend to pally vs pally alot. Also guardian angel is pretty pro on a pally as it is.

10. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

The way you calculated absorb is wrong. :) 20 absorb means 40 less dmg. absorb makes sure you take less dmg + it gives you the same amount of dmg back to life. So if FoH does 50 dmg , 20 absorb makes this 40 less dmg. Which is 10 dmg.