Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Anti-Auradin Gear - Defeating the lame, in a lame way. ifr

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Generator Of Chaos, May 11, 2005.

1. Generator Of Chaos

Generator Of Chaos IncGamers Member

Anti-Auradin Gear - Defeating the lame, in a lame way.

PvP auradins are the biggest, most annoying, cookie-cutters in PvP.
    The gear is "Rich people only", the strategy is even more of a no-brainer then WW barbs (at least they have to HIT the target), and their atitude is usually "I own cause I can kil things halfway across the screen while I run"

So beeing my new BoneNecro my new PvP char, I've decided to gather in my stash, the lamest gear Vs. Auradins (specially fire ones) there is, and I'd like your opinion on it:

Helm: High Um'ed Kiras
    Weapon: Wizzy (perhaps socketed with a resists jewel?)
    Shield: I don't know, how can I get the MOST resists in a shield, for a necro? 4so shield with Um Um Um Um ?
    Ammy: Maras
    Ring: Dwarf Start (wisp Vs dream users)
    some Resists Scs

Any more ideas to completely negate their dmg? Remember they'll have the ever so annoying Conviction aura...
    I can't put this to work right now because, not only am I missing some of the items, but I need Psb Gcs in order to maintain an acceptable dmg after gear switch.

If anyone could present the math on how much resists I'd need in order to have full resists and absorb with conviction locked on I'd apreciate it.

2. hulla-hop

hulla-hop IncGamers Member

well, having different shields with ptopaz/prubies etc would be a better and cheaper way to get your res up.

tgods has +max res and absorb vs lit
    then theres the unique boots with +max fireres and loads of fireres vs fire...

3. Generator Of Chaos

So keeping 2 shields in stash, one 4 so with Prubies, the other 4 so with ptopazes would be enough to offset the conviction aura?

4. hulla-hop

hulla-hop IncGamers Member

well, depends on how much other res you have on the rest of your gear. 4xpgem shields cant negate conviction alone in hell diff, but with ummed kiras+wizspike id say your home safe :)

5. sheepe2004

sheepe2004 IncGamers Member

yes but it might be a better idea too get a nice necro head (+3 spirit or smth)
    and put 3 prubys/topazes in it. More damage and alot lower str req.

6. Aeonios

Aeonios IncGamers Member

Keep in mind not all of them will run around you till you die. I, for example, chose to max zeal and close to melee range for a big hit. Also, a bone nec isn't necessarily the best choice for killing an auradin. A smiter with grief and a 3 um griswold's shield does the job pretty well. Also, wind druids are even harder for me to beat than are necros or smiters. Since if they run away from you, your shield will tank their aura, and you can recast it easily if they're not directly attacking you. Torchers are about useless at any form of melee combat, too, so a wind druid should have no trouble smashing one with nados. There are almost no pure dreamers in pubs now, too, so any dreamers you meet will also most likely be useless at melee combat. Even if they're like me, charging into nados usually ends in death, since nados stunlock you 100% of the time.

7. Generator Of Chaos

Thanks everyone for the tips

And I know Necros aren't the best choice Vs. Auradins, But I wanna have a char that can beat all others...

Btw, the Dreamer gear can also be applied to trappers right?

8. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

How are you suppose to kill the auradin after you tank it.

9. jantsa87

jantsa87 IncGamers Member

for boots, go either infernostrides or hot spurs. adds big to ur fire resistance and increases max resists

10. PlasmaDragon

PlasmaDragon IncGamers Member

an absorbing nec shouldn't be calling others lame. Only a terrible necro would lose to a pally. A lot of fohers can 1 hit my necro but they only get to do it after they've died 2109741205901240127402194210 times. and your ibs outranges everything.

11. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

I'd imagine a Windy or ES sorc would deal with the Auradin fairly easily since they can ignore Conviction entirely.