Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Another (yet original) rerolling question

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by SevenDeadlySins, Mar 31, 2005.

1. SevenDeadlySins

SevenDeadlySins IncGamers Member

Another (yet original) rerolling question

I think this is the right forum... anywas, if i found a rare jewel from hell baal, and i reroll it, is there any chance of it getting to only lvl 9 requirement... sorry if this sounds weird, i believe I said it right...

2. Sokar Rostau

Sokar Rostau IncGamers Member

Re-rolling rare jewels is an expensive pastime as it takes a SoJ each roll and being from Baal it can have any mod so it could end up any level. You would do better to just go wandering in the wilds with your MF character if you want a lvl 9 rare jewel. Still, I suppose it's a great way to dispose of duped SoJ...

Rare jewels are great fun. I have a rare 2 socket helm with a total of about 15 mods thanks to some rare jewels :thumbsup: .

3. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

The '6 PSkulls + rare' recipe should work with jewels, if I´m not mistaken. Never tried it myself, though.

4. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

It is possible to get a lvl 9 requirement on any roll. It is possible to get any compination of affix's up to those allowed at the ilvl of the jewel after the reroll. Also, required lvl is not directly related to item lvl, or even the ilvl required for certain mods. Chances are though, that since the jewel has a very high ilvl (90something to start), that your rolls would tend to have properties with required lvls higher than 9.

I suggest you figure out what ilvl the jewel has to be to get the affix's you want. Then, force the rare to drop down to the ilvl you want with the 6pskulls recipe:

6pskulls + rare = new rare with ilvl = (.4*clvl + .4*old ilvl).

If you're aiming for properties with the highest ilvl of 20, then you could reroll the jewel a couple times with a low lvl character (to bring the ilvl down to 20), and then use a lvl 30 character to maintain the ilvl of 20.

I hope that's clear enough for ya.

5. SevenDeadlySins

SevenDeadlySins IncGamers Member

ok thanks, that will definately help, one more question, how many prefixes/suffixes does a rare jewel have?

6. jiansonz

At most 2 prefixes and 2 suffixes (they can´t have 1+3 or 3+1, AFAIK).

7. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

They can have three suffixes or three prefixes.

8. jiansonz

I stand corrected.

It´s good news that they can have 1+3 or 3+1. Allows for more variety.

9. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Actually the formula balances at 2/3rd clvl IIRC and it happens really quickly 4 or 5 rerolls so if you take your clvl*.66 you will get the ~ the ilvl of your rare doesn't matter if its a ring, amulet, other equipment or jewel.

So yes you can use a clvl 30 to get ilvl=20 but you really don't need to worry with using a low level character, the formula will bring the rare either up in ilvl of down in ilvl to the .66 clvl = ilvl value fairly quickly.

Still 6 pskulls a reroll is a bit too expensive.

10. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Someone should make an authoritative guide to rerolling...

That way these questions won't clutter the board with inaccurate answers.

Any rare can receive up to three affixes or three suffixes, but jewels are limited to four affixes overall.

Perfect skulls are ideally used for rerolling rares, however, since diadems can always receive any affix possible and jewels can get any affixes a rare can get after a few attempts with a high enough character, only diadems and jewels are used this way (can anyone name another type of rare?).

All perfect gems are tradable, for the reasons below, but my personal rules are (from most valuable to least):

Perfect rubies - craft only.
    Perfect amethysts - craft only.
    Perfect skulls - reroll rares (usually jewels and diadems) only.
    Perfect emeralds/sapphires - craft or reroll magicals (usually charms) only.
    Perfect diamonds/topazes - reroll magicals (usually charms) only.

An occasional topaz in a non-upgraded Skullder's Ire or diamonds in an auric shield are extremely useful, but not the reason people trade for perfect gems en masse.

11. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Actually there is a guide, I wrote it and it's located in the SPF FAQ; its called guide to altering items in game.