Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

another ww barb weapon question ?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by briler, Feb 1, 2004.

?

Do you bother?

1. Often

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Occasionally

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Rarely

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. briler

briler IncGamers Member

another ww barb weapon question ?

hmm, most of the threads i was checking were broken so here goes :

I am considering building a WW barb, and I have some different weapons to choose from, what will in YOUR oppinion be the best weapon of choise ? :)

Bonehew - Ogre Axe
    Tomb Reaver - Cryptic Axe [eth] (3 sockets)
    Arioc's Needle - (heh, that one is max +4 skills and 228% ed)
    Viperfork - Mancatcher

Ofc if I ever get a hand on a ZOD and 2 OHM the Tomb Reaver would be rocking, or should I forget it and go for a BOTD weapon if I ever get a ZOD ? :)

-Briler

2. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Unless the bonehew is ethereal, it simply cannot keep up in damage over time when compared to tomb reaver and arloc's. If it is ethereal, then it runs into the problem of not hitting the last -60 whirlwind bp (zod+shael gets you to -50). Viperfork is simply TOO fast for whirlwind, ie. it is already 10 ias past the -60 whirlwind bp, and offers little else besides some moderate damage. This leaves the tomb reaver and arloc's. What arloc's lacks in weapon damage it makes up with the 50% deadly strike (quite important with the fixed masteries) while still hitting the -60 whirlwind bp (-10 base speed with 30% ias and shael gives -60). If the tomb reaver was non-eth then i would definetely recommend a shaeled arloc's. Unfortunately an arloc's just can't compare to a tomb reaver that is eth AND has 3 sockets. Good lord that weapon is godly enough in a regular crappy ed% version. The weapon already hits -60 (base 0 with 60% ias) and the ethereal damage must put it at 800? 900? Get a zod in that beast and go nuts! A BoTD would do more damage but a tomb reaver also has a huge all res bonus (quite handy for 2 handed barbs) and magic find, and has a hell of a lot more style. Essentially this weapon has everything but leech.

3. briler

briler IncGamers Member

As far as I can see the best would be to socket the Tomb Reaver with a Zod, Ohm and AMN :)

That would give me the fastest WW breakpoint, monster damage and some leech :)

Ofc I could go for ZOD, OHM, OHM and the just use a Chatans for LL :)

-Briler

4. KaesarSosei

KaesarSosei IncGamers Member

Well lets be realistic here...whats the chances of him ever legitly getting a Zod?!? lol

So the answer is the ARIOCS, no contest.

Also, I think there are better developement weapons in the spear class he can use while levelling. Hone Sudane comes to mind...

5. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Being in possession of an ethereal tomb reaver WITH 3 sockets says quite a lot in itself. Considering that blizzard has decided that the "permed" duped runes will stay ie. mostly zod runes, then acquiring a zod is quite feasable whether on ladder or non-ladder. The power of that weapon must be used! Don't let it go to waste!

6. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

I agree. Sacrifice your first born for a Zod. That weapon must be (ab)used!

7. briler

briler IncGamers Member

Ofc I was wrong here, it should have a SHAEL rune to hit the fastest breakpoint. But what about the ARIOC, as far as I can see the last WW breakpoint is at 49% IAS on the weapon, would it be wizest to put an OHM or a SHAEL in the pointed stick ?

Let me calculate a bit on that :D

-Briler