Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Another: Which would you use thread (rings this time) ifra

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Jamiroquai, Oct 12, 2006.

?

Good? Bad? Ugly?

1. Nice!

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. DieoX, you suck balls...

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Jamiroquai

Jamiroquai IncGamers Member

Another: Which would you use thread (rings this time)

So here's the same question, different items for those who saw my last thread about gloves. This time I'm choosing rings. I currently use the ring below:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f353/jrb5y3/Screenshot011.jpg

My other ring is a ravenfrost. But I think I found a ring that may be better than my current rare, it is this one:

http://freeze.nrgservers.net/D2/dlring.jpg

So on to the stat overview I go:

-My ring(1st one) is 34 stat x 3 = 102 life gained

-Ring #2 is 25 stat x 3 = 75 + 11 = 86 life gained

So essentially if I give up the equivalent of 16 health I will gain 3 more all res, and 4% ml

My physical damage during lightning fury is 651-1805. I have no ml currently do you think 4% will be enough to sustain lf with a mana cost of 28? I figure the loss of AR is of no value. The added ll is worth a little too. 12%ll currently, so 20% if I change to ring number 2.

My resists in hell lr=113, fr=97, cr=102, pr=91 with the current ring on. I both pvm and pvp so more light res is always good. As it is currently anyone with a decent griffon and tstrokes break my max 85 lr so the 3 more all res is helpful. What do you guys think? The char lvl of ** on #2 is something to think about aswell. I have an alternative to wear until then though. Please feel free to express any and all opinions. Thanks again.

2. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Member

pvp? go with 1 i'd say. pvm go with 2 duel leech. keep both in stash. if you're looking for res neither one is good. i'd find a ring with 20-30 res on the two most important, cold/light and use it. look at it this way if you str glitch at 20 the other ring will cover you, you use 2 for pvm and the stats (specifically the dex) arent as important but the leeches are golden. rings are easy to stash and put on at need ammies too.

conclusion: neither or both. no vote.

ps. i think the 3 res is the least important difference. if you really need the res, you need more than 3 more.

3. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

4% ML should cut it against monsters with little-to-no physical resistance, but against everything else it won't really do jack for you. Still my vote goes for #2... sell the first one to some rich PvPer for mad bank.

4. Jamiroquai

Jamiroquai IncGamers Member

"Mad bank" my new word for the week. I'm not big on changing a lot of equipment when I go from pvm to pvp. So I think I'll go with ring #2 if I can get it. It appears to be better overall and definitely better for pvm. I go through about 10 mana pots/ baal run now. Anything better then that is a plus, and I beleive on a javazon more res is almost good.