Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Another upgrade rumour...sorry!

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Goo Plz, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Goo Plz

Goo Plz IncGamers Member

Another upgrade rumour...sorry!

Hi, I had no luck using the beloved search feature so I wondered if anyone could confirm either way for me whether eth skullders is still eth once upgraded. I have heard rumours that this is not the case, but we all know about rumours and d2 eh :) I'd also like to know if the -10% req still applies.
    Thanks for your time!

2. Loboleal

Loboleal IncGamers Member

All ethereal armor stay ethereal when upgraded. The only problem is that when base defense is rerolled, blizzard doesn't take into account ethereal mod, so it isn't boosted.
    I don't now about requeriments, but if blizzard forgot to multiply by 1.5 when ethereal, maybe forgot substract 10 to requeriments.
    It would be nice if someone could confirm/discard this :D

3. helohi

helohi IncGamers Member

Ethereality (is that a word? :scratch: ) has never substracted 10% from any reqs. It's a straight minus 10, not a percentage.

4. Goo Plz

Goo Plz IncGamers Member

Ok guys, thanks for that info, but just to make sure I am clear on this, I wonder if you could tell me if the following is true...

Firstly the skullders in question isn't mine so I am not sure of the ed, but just for these purposes, lets say it is 200% ed.
    The normal eth skullders would have a defence of (244 x 1.5) x 3 = 1098, correct?
    and if this was then upgraded, the base would be as a normal balrog skin, ie 410 - 517.
    So the final def could range from 411 x 3 = 1233 at its lowest
    to 518 x 3 = 1554 at its highest

And the final req would = 165 - 10 = 155.

And what all of this means is that upgrading an ethereal skullders is basically identical to upgrading a standard one with the sole benefit of it requiring 10 less str to equip?

I hope I have understood correctly, otherwise please feel free to correct my noob *** :D

5. Loboleal

Loboleal IncGamers Member

Yes, your math is correct. But as I said before, I don't know for sure if new str req will be altered by 'ethereality'.

6. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

The lower reqs will still be there on an upgraded ethereal armour.

Also, it makes very little difference, but you should not be adding +1 to the base defence before doing the x3, Goo Plz. What actually happens is:

When an armour has %ed, it is automatically given (max+1) base defence, ie 244 in the case of Russet Armour. That is where the +1 comes from. But that is not being done with upgraded armours, so the range of defs is between (410 x 3) - (517 x 3).