Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Another "Thx Andy" - illustrated!

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by doubleOObubble, Feb 22, 2004.

1. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

Another "Thx Andy" - illustrated!

Thank you pretty girl!

Maybe all of you don't have an mpeg4 codec (it's a short DVD clip). Anyway, if quicktime or some such program tries to play it, it'll show up broke I think. Either you get it to stream in Windows media player or you can save it to disk and run it locally :)

2. det

det IncGamers Member

Wow, nice to see someone else play. hehe..did you expect this to happen or do you always save your antics to a movie program?

Anyway..it works fine on Real Player....Its just that the colours look all washed out. If its a Golden Shako..it looks all white on my display.

Now: How much MF?
    Is it a "first drop"?

Own up plz

3. äger

äger IncGamers Member

Makes me wanna go back to D2. :grrr: Nice find and a good little show.

4. doubleOObubble

First, yes, it's a Harlequin crest. Secondly, I was simply tempering some with dual video outs. I let the "clone" image go through my DVD-recorder and thought I'd record a streak of Andy runs (as that's just about what my Ghetto char can handle). I made 47 runs and that was the last. Well, I stopped because of the particular find, I had a bit over an hour left on the DVD-disc.

So, the edited recording of the 47 runs does give some useful info on those runs as well. Well, the only real "pattern" I find is that one should always follow the right wall (counter clock-wise) on lvl 2. Lvl 3 really seem to be quite random, but going straight to the "south-east" from the stairs will often get you to lvl 4 pretty fast.

The effective run time for those 47 runs (wp to Andy drop only, no muling/selling/creating) were 73 minutes. My sorc is really kind of weak, and I used BO from a barb for the runs.

She I wearing Tal's mask with P-topaz, 3 socket light plate of the Squid with P-topazes and Tal's belt. That's what, 110% MF?

Next time (if ever), I won't use Long Play when recording, as I see now the compression really screwed the image up a bit more than I thought... Anyway, it beats those software capture programs I think.

I'll find a use for the Harle now!

5. ZeonZaku

ZeonZaku IncGamers Member

is the link broken? I can't seem to view it.

6. doubleOObubble

If you can't see it streaming, you have to right click and choose "save target". Then you should be able to play it locally.

Oh and she was using a Rhyme too, I forgot, so make it ~135% MF!

7. myolosolo

myolosolo IncGamers Member

Where can i get that video thingy? As in so I can do the recording.

8. doubleOObubble

The nearest audio/video store? :lol: It's a standalone DVD-recorder, just like a VHS-recorder, but for ... well, you get it. There are software capture programs I think, but they hog ALOT of resourses, so having a hardware recorder would definately give a nicer gaming exprience.

Of course, you'd have to have a video card with TV/DV out as well.

9. annr

annr IncGamers Member

i updated my codecs to get it working

anyway, damn you ripped through that crazy woman

whats your setup? gear?

i have an orb sorc but it takes a little longer, however she is wearing mostly mf stuff so that could be it i guess

nice find :) i found one off her too yesterday

ps watching videos of d2 is :cool: :(
    more plis

10. kurg

kurg IncGamers Member

Double, way too cool!

My lvl 84 javazon (with BO) lets my merc do the killing (since LF sux versus bosses). With lifetap and venom ward, he lives through it (and about ten of my lvl 17 valks die). But it takes WAY longer than it took you, and my merc has 75% crushing blow (hone and guilliams helm).

Cool video, and congratulations on the shako!

11. doubleOObubble

Thanks, I didn't think it was exceptionally fast though? Well, my gear (before harle :p):

Tal's mask - Topaz
    Artisans Light plate of the Squid (some 70'ish hp) - 3 Topazes
    Tal's Belt
    Rare amulet +1 skills and some life
    Ring of Behemut 113 mana (exchanged for a Raven just now)
    Rare ring with ~70 mana and small res
    Tearhaunch Boots (need the resists)
    Crafted gloves with minor mana mods (16 or so) and some resists

Merc is wearing Smoke dusk shroud, Tal's mask and a *dum-di-dum* Strengh etheral cryptic axe!

...so it's really nothing spectacular. And I DO got BO before every run. About "'ripping" through that crazy woman: Orb damage is ~400 with max CM and a few in Ice bolt. The trick to do ALOT of danger is positioning yourself so that the orb blows up "inside" of her.

12. kurg

kurg IncGamers Member

Hmm, I'll have to try that with my meteorb sorc. She just got to hell, so I need to get her a bit stronger.

I did some more andy runs with my javazon tonight. About 6 or them, nothing special, except chance guards for my gold-find necro dropped! Only 29 MF, but he doesn't care, he's got like 800% gold find now. :) A few low set items too, some of which I needed to complete sets, but nothing remarkable. Oh, and my 2nd goldwrap dropped.

I found with BO and lifetap, my merc and valk hold up to andy ok. I have to run to town about 3 times to save one or both of them. And I usually cast decoy a few times, hoping andy will strike at her instead. And then just before the killing blow, I go to town, equip my merc with 4 topaz armor (instead of venom ward), and I swap my smoke with 4 topaz armor. So at the kill, I have about 350 MF. Although I got better at it with practice, she still takes a while (about 2-3 mins including trips to town to heal/repair/swap-gear)... AFTER I get to her. And about 6 mins to get TO her (sometimes BO still going, sometimes I re-BO myself first). So a 10 minute run altogether.

Yours seemed like it probably took you about 1 minute start-to-finish including finding her, lol. That would be 10 runs to my 1. But of course, tele and static are king for MF runs, neither of which a javazon has.

13. RottweilExpress

RottweilExpress IncGamers Member

Wow...That's neat. Someone playing the game who doesn't get 5fps. Congrats and all.

14. det

det IncGamers Member

Hint of the day:

Run 2 D mode..no 5 fps anymore (unless you have a crappy provider or a very slow modem)

Free extra hint:

/nopickup

If you knew that all along, forgive me plz :lol:

15. doubleOObubble

Hint of the day 2: Disregard det's hint no1 :lol:

Your connection has nothing to do with your FPS silly! :buddies:

16. det

det IncGamers Member

Right..so my hint 1, running in 2D mode is still valid, its just the part in brackets that is not right..its the Ping of course..stoopid me ;)