Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Another smite question

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by huy, Mar 17, 2005.

1. huy

huy Diabloii.Net Member

Another smite question

I was pking my my friends smiter with my smiter and i had a question about being knockbacked. Where does it come from and when does it happen. He uses a vortex exile and i use a zak exile. It seems to happen to me more. I read before that if you do 1/12 of their life that they will be knockbacked, is that true? Can someone help clear this up for me. Thx.

2. Sharaz

Sharaz Diabloii.Net Member

are you being knocked back, or are you being stunned with the white twirly over your head? 1/12th is stun, knockback is a noticable few feet back from your opponent (like, you have to run up to them again)

3. huy

huy Diabloii.Net Member

im getting knockedback where i have to run up to him again. I have no idea how it happens, thats why im asking. I don't really notice the stun during duels tho.

4. ArcaneLegend

ArcaneLegend Diabloii.Net Member

if u get knocked back more often than he does, he probably has a higher range weapon than u do, which means he'll usually hit u first. yes, weapon range affects smite.

5. jj29er

jj29er Diabloii.Net Member

i feel that a lower range weapon tends to knock back the other person more.. thats how i feel cause a pb wielder always knocks a zerk wielder back.. pb seems to be > zerk.

6. rare

rare Diabloii.Net Member

Range depends where youre standing relative to the enemy. In most positions, range 3 (zerk) > range 2 (pb). There are a few places where you can stand where range will be little, if noticeable.

but usually speaking, zerk > pb.

whoever gets the first hit in usually gets kb'd the least. if you lag, then you will get kb'd a lot too.

7. jj29er

jj29er Diabloii.Net Member

I have experimented time and time again with zerk as well as pb.. against many other smiters too.. we all became convinced that pb>>zerk.. this is strictly smite v smite of coz.. using builds that are exactly indentical apart from weapon.

for some unknown phenomenon, pb k'b like 50 - 75% more times than a zerk.. having more range seems a disadvantage funny as it seems.