Another reason not to piss off 'the man'...

MadMachine

Diabloii.Net Member
Another reason not to piss off 'the man'...

Link

article said:
He alleges that, every year, a half-dozen police officers in the city have their careers sidelined as a result of unfounded complaints.
I like how 'half-dozen' always sounds like so much more than 'six'.

I agree with this. False accusations against good people are a terrible thing. No cop should lose his/her job because some punk files a false complaint. At the same time, the cops that get legitimate complaints deserve to be fired.

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
So long as the officer's suit is held to the same proof standard as the complaint, I'm fine with it. If it's a standard like american civil courts' preponderance of evidence(51% of the evidence) than it's uncool.

Drosselmeier

Diabloii.Net Member
Corrupt, brutal and law-breaking cops are a lot more dangerous to society than criminals on a one to one basis. A cop who can't stay on the right side of the law must be fired immediately.

PatMaGroin said:
Fired over one complaint Smeg?
It would depend on the complaint? The last cop I filed a complaint against got demoted.

Should the cop that pulled me over for driving a stolen truck (one that I had owned for 3 years) have been fired?

Or the one that pulled me over for not having my headlights on? Nevermind that I had my auxilary lights that are brighter than standard headlights on.

Or the one that pulled me over for speeding when I wasn't even up to speed yet? Nevermind that the ticket for not wearing a seatbelt is large in Washington. Nevermind that the truck was built before shoulder belts were required and I had a lap belt on.

Not once did I get a ticket for those. All three of those were illegal stops. Should they have been fired? I could have filed complaints but didn't want to waste my time.

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
Evil Conservative Inc said:
It would depend on the complaint? The last cop I filed a complaint against got demoted.
what did he do? feel your bum after he handed you the ticket?

Nope. The wife got pulled over for having white light coming out of the tail lights. Odd, I have clear light covers and colored bulbs. She asked for the cop's badge number in case she got pulled over again. She could then tell the next officer who had already taken care of this, it's already known, etc. The cop went ballistic over the request. Screamed, threatened to arrest her, impound the truck, etc. All recorded on the tape in the squad car. Yeah, the ombudsman wasn't happy about that. Said cop was demoted and rightfully so. That's a good way to get yourself shot.

HAMC8112

Diabloii.Net Member
Drosselmeier said:
Corrupt, brutal and law-breaking cops are a lot more dangerous to society than criminals on a one to one basis. A cop who can't stay on the right side of the law must be fired immediately.
If that were to happen there would not be many cops left, maybe one. Mother theresa would be his name.