Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

another rant: This time its about trading and currencies i

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Killfrenzy, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

another rant: This time its about trading and currencies

I've recently come to realize that the trading economy is probably almost as screwed up as it was in 09. Uniques and sets, in most cases, are worth nearly nothing. I point you to the example of GF and WF, while still somewhat valuable are a mere shadow of their former value. Even the marvelous arachnid mesh is now quoted at half a rune. It seems the only uniques that can fetch the higher priced runes (ie ohm jah ber zod etc) are the likes of crown of ages and steelrend gloves!

Even this sites trade forums, which i once saw as a sanctuary from the ridiculous pricing system of bnet have been effected. The seeming outright denial of the values listed in Woodsheds thread have caused them to adopt a value system almost the same as the channel kids. Even some veterens are preaching these prices. I sure as hell dont want to trade 2 arach meshes for a frikkin ohm rune so i can make a CTA, while a matter of months ago i could've probably gotten a couple of ohm runes for just on arach! i recall the first anni charms on our forum sold for something like 6-8 runes! now if it doesnt have near perfect stats your lucky to get anything!

I have observed that the values of uniques has been sharply since the beginning of the patch, to the point now where only the rarest ones have any real trade value.

If this trend continues we will have a system where only the runes themselves and the stuff to make botd, exile and enigma in (esentially ethereal zerker axes, pally shields with resist and 3 socket archon plates) are worth anything at all. Even 4 socket flails have stopped selling.

I blame this on blizzards new runewords, more specifically Enigma, HoTo, Exile and of course how can we forget blizzards legalized ith, Botd

Interestingly enough mf doesnt effect the drops of runes and these socketable items actually drop more with LESS mf! Hmmm a subtle nerf to mf just like all the skills in 09 that were powerful, but now have become near-useless due to a lack of synergies?

2. Sir SDG

Sir SDG Banned

I feel your pain...

even runeword items are going down in value... u cant get 2 runes for a nice def enigma now.. nor a vex for and eth botd unless its 380%ed or better ppl dont want it if they have runes.

IMO its the sale sites that are causing the bulk of the problems.... Ive seen an number of them buy up runes for a 1;1 exchange on hoto enigma and coh aka one runes gets you your choice. so the average joes are stuck with ists and chams........

3. PhsycoTimmay

PhsycoTimmay IncGamers Member

I couldnt agree more :rant: I personally hate the trading value's, as you said, average Joe's like me, and probably the rest of us on the forums, just cant get, now dont get me wrong, im not saying that If you are rich, and have enigmas, hoto's, and exiles, that your completely all afu'd, not at all, just for people like me and many others, an Ist Rune, is a awsome find, take it I have never even seen a Cham, Ohm, Ber, Zod, or any one of the high end runes, not a one. I too remember when if you had an anni and wanted to trade it, well ill be damned, you could get quite a bit for it, now I see it going for 1x290, or less! As for sets, I belive I saw full IK set, and Tal set going for 1x290 each last night...WHATS UP WITH THAT??? Anyways, Ive been meaning to state my opinion on this matter for awhile, and here was my chance, thank you for listning :thumbsup:

4. Meosha

Meosha IncGamers Member

I would agree with you entirely, except I'm still an Nightmare-level player and as such am shunned by all traders instead of just most.

5. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

This is nothing new frenzy. In 1.09 items constantly decreased in value relative to the sojs due to pindlebot. In 1.10 ladder realms this is the same case except replace the soj with runes anywhere from lum-zod. I agree that eventually acquiring any rune of um or above will require an astronomical amount of "good" items or some truly "great" item eg. perfect griffon's eye or something.