Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Another Question...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by hacchantal, Oct 20, 2006.

1. hacchantal

hacchantal IncGamers Member

Another Question...

Hi again, aren't you glad to see me? lol j/k

Anyway... I've always wondered this:

You know how you can have your own "Account" on the Windows Xp?

Well, my brother has an account, and I use the other "home" account. When I'm on the "home" account, I can hear his msn sounds, aim sounds, everything... how do I get it so I don't hear the sounds on my brothers account while continuing to hear the sounds on mine? It's so annoying... every 2 seconds someone signs in or signs out. I have terminated those programs before but it only gets him really mad...:shocked: Is this even possible?

Thanks again for the help. :wink3:

2. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

You're on a different computer and you can still hear his programs? Or are you on the same computer...?

If you're on the same computer as the one he *was* using, the easy way would be to Log Out instead of Switching Users...that'd kill all his stuff though...

3. hacchantal

Ehm.. I'm on the same computer, and I'm trying to do so without logging off his account, since he is extremely impatient and doesn't feel like waiting for all his "crap" to load... I've told him to not make it all load up at the start but he doesn't listen anyways...

4. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

just close his msn messenger. It takes like 2 seconds to log back on. Or set him on away and turn the option to turn the sounds off while away (not sure if there's that option. there is for AIM)

5. hacchantal

Hm, I guess that's my only choice. My brother needs to grow up a little when it comes to me closing his MSN/Aim, I've even told him it doesn't take longer to load. It's just nice to have it so I don't have to do that and have him lose all his messages that people sent to him. He got really angry about that one lol.

6. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

i'm really surprised you can hear his sounds... if you switch users, that shouldn't happen. but, since it is, just close his msn and aim.

7. hacchantal

Yeah, I don't think it was like that before :shocked: I can't remember tho, it's been a while since it's been like this. Anyway, thanks for the help everyone... if someone knows the answer just post it up ^^ maybe I could even try a few things to see if it works.

8. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

Tell him to grow up. . .if it is really important they will send it to him when he gets back for real or *gasp* call him.

Just log him out.

9. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Interface sounds are the tool of the devil and should be taken out back and shot. Teach your brother the ways of silent computing.

10. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

or you can log off his account when hes gone, instead of swtiching users

11. hacchantal

If I log out of his account, that's even worse. I was forced to before since the computer couldn't handle so much running crap going on at once. I even tried explaining to him that it just wouldn't handle it; and I ended up restarting the computer because of his immature ways.
    We got more RAM anyway so it helped out. Now he has to get mad that I exit only his 2 AIM things that he uses... why do you need all of em?

12. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

Is it me or does this guy remind you of Lord Helmet and his book he was always pulling stuff out of?

13. Thelioness

Thelioness IncGamers Member

You have two people confused. Lord Helmet was the one telling stories about what happened to him on IM. The guy pulling questions out of a book was Alastor.

14. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

/me nominates nessy as the Official OTF Historian*

*that means you get a window office

15. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

I'm pretty sure it was Lord Helmet that had the book. Anybody else back me up on that?

16. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder IncGamers Member

I've had this happen to me on an XP machine before too. Seems limited to AIM and the like though. Although, it could just be that similar upstart programs weren't running when I was in that situation. Best bet is to make sure an away msg is up and sounds are turned off. I'd also consider a few interesting methods of educating your dear little brother in multi-user computing.

17. hacchantal

I'd love to educate my brother, but what can you do when they don't listen? Oh well... life goes on :smiley: Thanks a lot everyone.