Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Another question from your resident noob

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Burning Time, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Burning Time

Burning Time IncGamers Member

Another question from your resident noob

Hey again, i just read that u can open up the cow level after completing normal, just wondering how you do this.

Cheers.

2. gorash

gorash IncGamers Member

hehe lets see if i remember this, i haven't created cows in a good while now even though i join em :p

u go back to tristrim and grab wirts leg (lower left of map i guess u can say) and go back to town. Put wirts leg and a tomb of town portal in there and transmute. Enjoy :)
    If it dont work, try a scroll of town portal but i'm sure its a tomb of town portal u need lol

3. djIgneo

djIgneo IncGamers Member

You can open the Secret Cow Level on any difficulty your character defeats by transmuting a Tome of Town Portal and Wirt's Leg in your Horadric Cube. You must do this anywhere in Act 1 town.

Your character can only make the portal if he/she has defeated the difficulty you're trying to create on and has not gotten credit for killing the Cow King.

You get credit for killing the Cow King if:
    - You kill the king personally
    - You are partied to someone who kills the king for credit

Thus, if someone who has already killed the cow king (and cannot create) kills the cow king while partied, you still will be able to create the Secret Cow Level.

Hope that helps. Grab a burger for me.

4. Burning Time

Burning Time IncGamers Member

wooo thats the coolest place ever :p i think i killed the cow king tho :( dam merc, ah well guess il have to wait untill ive completed nightmare.

cheers tho, moo moo

5. djIgneo

djIgneo IncGamers Member

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention about the Cow Level:

You can enter the Cow Level as long as you're in the difficulty. Beating the difficulty is only if you need to create the portal with your character.

One trick I do to avoid getting credit for killing the King is to have a character from a higher difficulty create the game, then playing it with a character who hasnt defeated that difficulty.

For example: My Patriarch creates the portal in NM, my character that just defeated normal enters the portal and plays the level. The character in NM cannot get credit for killing king until he's defeated NM difficulty.