Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Another probably-been-asked-before question about Buriza.

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by newb-newb-newb2, Feb 7, 2004.

1. newb-newb-newb2

newb-newb-newb2 IncGamers Member

Another probably-been-asked-before question about Buriza.

Which skills should I use when I build an amazon to use it? I was thinking along the lines of 10 (?) Multishot, max Strafe, Weapon Switch with Kuko for Physical and Cold Immunes, rest into Valkyrie, Pierce etc.

Which skills, items, and how much stats would you say I need? How much do I need in Pierce if I use Buriza and Razortail?
    Thanks for your input.

2. deathdefy

deathdefy Banned

I'll leave the skill part up to someone else:
    but buriza gives 100% pierce so u don't need anything else with it. razortail give 33.3% (i am pretty sure) so if u just have the belt then you'd need some in pierce. with buriza, however, there is no need to invest in pierce.
    deathdefy

3. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

Imho, it's a waste to put points in both MS and Strafe, as they're both physical damage, crowd control attacks, so you're bound to end up using only one. Strafe alone will cut it, and if you use Atma's Scarab, you'll only very rarely have problems with PIs. Points in Penetrate (up to max), Critical Strike (up to 16 with items), Valk (get at least 17 with items) and dex are highly recommended. No Pierce is needed, as Buriza already has 100% pierce - so Razortail would be a waste. Otherwise, go nuts in the D/A/E which will help both you and your valk.

4. newb-newb-newb2

newb-newb-newb2 IncGamers Member

I put together a little list for my amazon. How do you like it? Please tell me what I did wrong, if anything, and what you'd do instead.

Amazon Build for Buriza Do-Kanyon

Equipment

Buriza Do-Kanyon 110STR 80DEX

Harlequin Crest 50STR

Shaftstop 92STR

Laying of Hands 50STR

Gore Rider 94STR

Verdungo’s Hearty Cord 106STR

Mara's Kaleidoscope OR Crescent Moon OR Atma’s Scarab OR Highlord’s Wrath

Raven Frost

Wisp Projector

Socket's will be determined later.
    Total + 2 skills

Stats

110STR 50-100VIT Rest in DEX
    (Could of course so with less strenght, but I HATE not being able to pick up my entire corspe at once when I die...

Skills

1 Magic Arrow, 1 Cold Arrow, 1 Multiple Shots, 1 Guided Arrow, 20 Strafe

24 skills in Bow/Crossbow Tree

14 Critical Strike, 20 Valkyrie, 20 Penetrate, 10 Evade/Dodge/Avoid

84 skills in Passive/Magic Tree

108 Skills total.

5. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

That looks good. I highly recommend Atma's as that will help you tremendously, especially with PIs. Your setup looks a little low on resistances, so maybe a resist armor like Vipermagi, Duriel's Shell or Tal's armor will be more helpfull than the DR on Shaftstop (you could give that to your merc instead). You also need some leech - a dual leech ring is the best bet or exchange Verdungo's for Wilhelm's Pride, or you could switch shako for Tal Rasha's helm which will also give some resists and a good mf bonus with armor and belt. Have a fast melee weapon with a good shield on switch to take down bosses quickly with the CB on Gore Rider. Be warned that levelling to level 97 is extremely boring and takes literally ages - better have a good skill distribution for level 85 if that's where you'll end up.

6. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

I will agree with the above statement about shaftstop. Practically any armor is better than shaftstop for a pvm bowazon unless you plan on dueling. Speed, stats, resistances are far more important on a bowazon armor. Good cheap choices are lionheart, smoke, duriel's shell and who can forget the beloved twitchthroe.