Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Another One bites the dust...

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Crudesash68, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Crudesash68

Crudesash68 IncGamers Member

Another One bites the dust...

Moridin, lvlv 83 Skelliemancer, RIP

Moridin had basically sailed through most of the game, defeating Hell Diablo so easily, that Act 5 seemed an afterthought...until I got to the Bloody Foothills.

What I encountered 3 times were Slingers, knifing through my blocking and doing serious damage. I did not Save and exit in the hopes of getting easier monsters; I allotted a shorter amount of time than I needed to clear, so I had to stop playing a few times.

So, tonight, I was determined to get through the act, so I switched back to my better defense/blocking gear, and started again...this time, I find Burning Dead archers. So I decided to muddle through. Halfway up the way to Shenk, I ran out of Full Rejuvs, and was caught in a literal hailstorm of fire arrows, and poison bombs from a catapult. I hit a Super healing, and cast a TP to refill my belt when the final blow hit, taking down my remaining life, and sending me screaming into the abyss.

I really thought I had the Guardian with this one too...I had no uber gear, but I had developed a knack for avoided problems...at least until now.

Thanks to Nightfish for the build idea, and to the forum for some helpful hints along the way!

Steve

2. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

phew, i thought you were going to quit diablo when i read the thread :uhhuh:

srry to hear about the death though, i suggest getting back with another char to avange your necro cause that the best option to get over the death :)

good luck with the next one :thumbsup:

robin

3. AlterEgo

AlterEgo IncGamers Member

RIP Moridin :( I too thought you were giving up on the game, whew...

Skillimancers are generally pretty safe, but those times when you get swarmed, you find out how fragile that build can be.

I ditto strijdje - good luck with your next character :thumbsup:

4. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

Aw, man. That sucks. Well, have a commemorative :drink: on me in the EMB and then avenge!!! :)

5. TrenShadow

TrenShadow IncGamers Member

Sorry to hear that mate. I've still only ever lost 1 HC char - a level 71 sorc to Hell Nilly in a tournament. Hopefully I can keep my record intact, but that is doubtful as I'm now playing HC exclusively in 1.10. (50 Fishy, 46 Hammerdin, 3-4 chars in A1 Normal all going ok so far)

6. tragor

tragor IncGamers Member

Ouch. That definitely bites. Best of luck with his replacement. :thumbsup:

7. Crudesash68

Crudesash68 IncGamers Member

Thanks guys. Sorry about the anxious headline; didn't think of that...

I think I am going to play a twinked character, or at least try to. I generally prefer untwinked, using Atma as a dropoff when my stash/inventory is fulll, but I have a decent array of items, so I have a lot of choices. I can run just about any character class, but I need better end-game equipment...I suppose i could strip my MF barb, who does have quality end-game stuff, when I get into the rareified levels.

Thanks again!

Steve

8. DX-Crawler

DX-Crawler Banned

RIP sorry to hear about that, it really hurts to loose a nice character like that.

DX

9. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

Ouch, that's rough.

All the more reason to create another char to avenge his death! :uhhuh: