Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Another New Patriarch thread- Patriarch Darth Bane

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by LordHoth, May 14, 2008.

1. LordHoth

LordHoth IncGamers Member

Another New Patriarch thread- Patriarch Darth Bane

Peace is a lie. There is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.

This is the code of the Sith.

Well this isn't a themed build based around the character from the book Star Wars: Darth Bane, Path of Destruction by Drew Karpyshyn (one of my favorite SW books BTW, so if your a fan check it out). I do intend to make one however someday, defenately need to find a Lightsaber first though. Perhaps something with CL charges to represent Force Lightining :scratch:.

Anyhow, I just Pat'ed this guy today. He is a 91 Fishymancer who I've been working on for quite a while. I was just going to keep him in Act 1 for Pit runs, however, after getting him to 90 from 74 ish when he entered Hell (I think) that seemed like such a waste.

THE BUILD

Well pretty boring here, pretty much standard cookie cutter fishy. After I finished the core build I wasn't sure on which skills to pump so I just threw points into skills that tickled my fancy.

Core skill points:

Curses 23 pts.:

12 Amp Dmg
    3 Dim Vision
    1 into everything else

P&B spells 21 pts:

1 Teeth
    20 CE

Summon 58 pts:

20 S. Mastery
    20 RS
    3 Skeletal Mage
    4 Revive
    6 Summon Resist
    1 everything else

As far as my stat points go, I have 126 str. (untwinked at the time so a bit higher then I'd like), 161 Dex (for high block with Homunc), 233 Vit, and 25 Enegry.

My resists in Hell were 75/59/75/37. Most of this was due to a smattering of charms because I wore 450+ MF all through Hell.

GEAR

Not super twinked mind you(no Beast, Enigma, ect.) but respectable. Eventually (like years from now probably) I'd like to have both, but for now I'll use the equipment I found and things I traded for in the SPTF (thanks to everyone over there cuz I wouldn't have half of this stuff). This is what I run while questing and MFing:

Head: Shako socketed w/PTopaz
    Neck: Mara's 27% res all
    Neck #2: Random Teleport ammy I kept in my inventory
    Armor: Near Perfect Skullder's Ire socketed w/PTopaz
    Belt: Upped Goldwrap
    Gloves: Rare gloves with FR/LR/20 MF/12% Chargedbolt when struck (actually I might switch these to another pair with LR/CR/25%MF and a little strength and dex, just have to make sure I have enough FR)
    Boots: Wartravs 37$ MF
    Ring#1: Nagel Ring 28% MF
    Ring#2: Ravenfrost (probably the reason I could get away with 59 CR, I just don't have much better)
    Weapon #1: Ali baba (don't have the Ist's....yet)
    Shield #1: Homunc socketed with PDiamond
    Weapon #2: AoKL (I'd walk around with this thing if not for the Bone wall....but then again obvious statement FTW)
    Shield #2: Homunc socketed w/PDiamond

As far as charms go, I don't have any summon skillers so I just went with resists, MF, and a Gheeds. With this setup I was summoning 12 level 32 skellies, then lose one when I switched back to Ali baba. Like I said, he'll eventually get Enigma and/or Beast, but that will take forever

MERC/GOLEM

Well like a lot of Fishy builds I went with the Act 2 Might Merc and a clay golem, as the merc's damage he adds with his aura, and to a much lesser extent the slow from the golem, is crucial in my opinion. I'd like his gear more pimped as when he dies, not too often mind you, I pretty much have to drop everything and TP to revive him so it doesn't take my skeletons and golem 15 minutes to kill a non-champion Fallen Shaman :p.

My merc is using an Andariel's Visage Helm (I'd like to find an Etherial version and socket it either with a Ral or a good fire resist jewel), a Duriel's Shell (I'm going to try to also make either Stone, Lionheart, or Smoke depending on the sockets my Eth Hellforge Plate gets....I'll cry if it's just 1) and either an Insight Eth Thresher or an Eth Obedience Thresher, depending on my needs. Usually for questing and when I'm MFing Lv85 areas I go with Insight as infinate mana=infinate CE and curses, where the latter I use for bosses.

GAMEPLAY/FUNFACTOR

Well, a lot of people would rather watch paint dry then play a summonmancer because of the speed and general lack of interaction with other monsters. I, personally, after playing a Tesladin, various sorceress builds, and a Hammerdin, generally like playing the necro the most. No dying to IM (although the merc tends to bite it) or other random crap...like non-Black Soul damage...I mean c'mon who plays a Fishy and actually gets hit by monsters :grin:.

Well this post is getting pretty long, time to either hit the hell Cow level, or just do my normal MF run #3240593245304. Later

-LH

2. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa IncGamers Member

Re: Another New Patriarch thread- Patriarch Darth Bane

Well done! Fishymancers are boringly safe. A virtual snoozefest. Glad you enjoy him though.

Lightsabre comes with CtC Chain Lightning I believe. =). Themed builds are fun. Go for it!

3. Skinhead On The MBTA

Skinhead On The MBTA IncGamers Member

Lightsabre has CTC level 14-20 Chain Lightning, which to be honest will only be useful for show - it'll do less than 150 average damage. Still, themed builds are cool - you could even throw in a source of Enchant (Demon Limb, Lava Gout) to turn the Lightsabre red :grin:

Fishys are good, well done on the Pat.

4. LD50

LD50 IncGamers Member

Grats on bearing with him! :thumbsup:

I have a fishymancer waiting after matting my LF zon..