Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Another new best for me (high level dueling again)

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Matt, May 28, 2005.

1. Matt

Matt Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Another new best for me (high level dueling again)

So I'm nm cowing in peace, with my level 64 javazon, looking for charms, jewels, gems etc, when a level 68 blizz/ice blast sorceress named IKillPkers comes in. Now, just from the name/build, I'm guessing shes a tppker, but I dont say anything, dont want to be rude ;)

Well, lo and behold, she tries to tppk me, if you can even really call it an attempt... missed me horribly. After trying to follow me around and tppk me, with me laughing at her (and telling her how bad she was at it), I finally decide this sorceress is so bad, that I'll stand still. So, I do. She shoots me a few times, and does about 300 damage.

Well, I laugh at her some more, and leave, continue on my merry nightmare cowing way. Next run, shes back, with a friend, a level ** tppk sorceress, Smiley something. So Smiley and IKillPkers are both following my amazon around, seemingly fumbling with their tppking controls (for example, smiley would teleport at me with a message saying like "I'm sorry Talarra, its my duty to kill youfor my friend" or "sorry, gotta tppk you" silly things like that.

I quickly finish my run, avoiding them as I go, and decide to have some fun, and fetch my level 86 Hammerdin.

Well, they are kind of screwing around in town, popping out every once in a while to cast a blizzard at me or something. Basically, they didnt do much to my paladin, and I knew either would die in 1 hammer, it was only a matter of time until I won the duel. Well, I guess they didnt see this, because they kept at it. (oh yeah... the 68 also had that thing where she tps when I click her) So, the ** steps out, I charge next to her, and she drops in 1 hammer.

1 down.

Now, I am not about to let a tppker get her loot, so I stand on her body (which is also right next to town), and hammer anytime the 68 gets anywhere near the bridge.

Well, she knows she needs some help to get me off, so they call in a level 90 javazon, Bens. Bens hostiles me, steps out. I hammer a couple times, he CS's me once, he drops me to half, I drop him to half... 1 hammer later, hes dead. Level 90 ear (from what I believe is a dueler).

2 down.

So they call in another friend, Spars, a level 90 barbarian. Spars hostiles me, he runs out and whirls past me. At this point, the 68 sorc comes out again and tries to loot their bodies, I charge towards her and let off some hammers, but she gets away (without any of their loot though). So, Spars comes back at me, and zerks and misses, I let off some more hammers, 1 hits him, he chickens. At this point, the 68 comes out again, and walks into a hammerfield... dead in 1 hammer, even with her little program to tp her whenever anyone clicks her.

3 ears (2 tppkers and a dueler, 68, ** and 90), and a chickened level 90 dueler. Not bad...

-Matt

2. Stimm

Stimm Diabloii.Net Member

Not enough "emoticons" for that story , so Ill simply reply:

:worship:

3. Valar-Wrath

Valar-Wrath Diabloii.Net Member

That is, simply put, the best way to describe it. Well done Matt. Oh btw, does that hammerdin have any of the gear that I gave you or did you pawn all that stuff?

4. Matt

Hes using most of it.

He uses:
    A different upped viper (clean, 35%)
    The um'd shako
    Same HoZ
    Same boots, gloves, belt
    FCR rings to hit 125%
    Same seraphs hymn
    Wizardspike (I lost the hoto... it was really really stupid.. I was fooling around in a solo game, and a vendor ended up with it... dont ask. :lol: )
    All the off. auras charms, no combat ones.

Basically, hes a little weaker than the setup you gave me, but not too much. Hes doin about 9k hammer damage, a little higher.

And thanks guys ;)

-Matt

5. Valar-Wrath

Sweet, nice to see that you're using the stuff. Sucks about the hoto though. :lol:

6. NightShade

NightShade Diabloii.Net Member

*yearns for d2 goodness*

7. Ankeli

Ankeli Diabloii.Net Member

:clap: Heil Matt :clap:

8. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed Diabloii.Net Member

good job!

smiley is a very well known tppker. she always creates baal runs, and tries to tppk after everyone get sto the throne. why know this? i join baal games to cow and do tunnels :)

bens also is in the same baals as i am. but im still glad u got some out of the way. maybe teach em that chicken does nothing :)

dont know who that smiley guy is, but hooray for one less hacker!

9. Matt

Ben didnt chicken, I believe he was the only one who didnt...

The 2 sorcs were both 1hit KO's, so I have no idea about them (I've seen it where a person I KNOW chickens dies, and it doesnt kick them after their death, so the fact that they didnt leave on dying doesnt mean they do or do not chicken)
    I'm 90% sure the 68 sorc did use it, I mean, she had maphack (she commented that the reason she didnt do squat to my 10% cold resist amazon was that "you DO use 2 ravens"), she tppked (i stood there and let her do it, and she actually did kill someone who didnt listen to my warnings at the end of the first game I saw her), and she did have the program to tp her to town when I clicked her. So, I think its a safe assumption she also chickened.

The ** sorc, I have no idea. She tppked, so I think its safe to assume she maphacked and probably chickened as well, but again, I dont know for sure.

Bens didnt use chickenhack.

Spars, the level 90 dueler barb did, I know because he chickened in 1 or 2 hammers, at half life.

-Matt

10. PoorCobbler

PoorCobbler Diabloii.Net Member

hehe thats some nice work there matt :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

11. Matt

E:\Games\Diablo II\Screenshot052.jpg

Some screenshots:

1 down... right after I killed smiley, me standing on her body, refusing to let her friend loot a tpppker.

[​IMG]

2 down... This is after Bens came in and hostiled+dueled me, trying to get me to get off the tppkers loot, so their friend (the 68) could loot it. Of course, I didnt move, but I guess I didnt have to, as you can see what happened to Bens...

[​IMG]

3 down... This is after I chickened Spars and the 68 wandered into my hammerfield I threw up around the corpses after she tried to grab them a second earlier. Looking at this screenshot, I think she actually did grab the tppker sorc's loot, and was headed back to town with it. (why she didnt grab Bens, which must have been worth a hell of a lot more and was closer to town, I dont know.. I do know that bens' merc had conviction, whichever runeword that is, so it was a pretty expensive character, that and it was built to duel...) [​IMG]

I also have screenshots of each ear, but when I try to put them up too, it says I've included too many images.

Just some pictures... ;)

-Matt

12. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet Diabloii.Net Member

Very nice... I think you were lucky to have survived the Zon though. High lvl CS Zon with Conviction Merc = gg 90% of the time... unless of course you stacked res.

13. Matt

Well, I dont know how much stacked resist I have, but I do have some, because I've got maxed resists in hell, and this was in nightmare. However, this is a PvM (though often used for PvP these days...) hammerdin, so hes not designed to have hugely stacked resist, I'm guessing I had maybe 50% stacked resist... not a ton, but enough to let me take a hit. She did pack some damage though, she took about 1/2 my life in what looked like 2 CS's, but to be honest, I'm not entirely sure how many, or how many of the bolts hit me. Either way, I came out with her ear, so I'm happy :)

-Matt

14. shertown

shertown Diabloii.Net Member

YES, YOU OWN MATT!

Ben is a scrub who was kicked out of a clan which must not be named, if you ever need a rush or anything at all don't hesitate to ask. *andnone

15. SkaMan

SkaMan Diabloii.Net Member

Awesome going there Matt, good job! It's always enjoyable hearing your PK/duel stories :)

BTW, I've still got a few goodies left on my account that aren't being used anymore, if you need any gear, let me know what and I'll see what I can do :)

~Ska

16. sonikki_

sonikki_ Diabloii.Net Member

did u do the same mistake i made at the end of season 1 ? tried to repair hoto and pushed the sell button and even clicked on the yes after that? :D

17. sanguillen

sanguillen Diabloii.Net Member

Good job, Matt! :thumbsup: Do the cheaters get deterred by this, or do they just keep rebuilding (and cheating)? Anyway, way to win one (or is that 3 or 4?) for the good guys! :clap:

sanguillen

18. Matt

No, I was wondering how much one would cost to buy from a vendor, so I went to malah, who had like a hundred thousand open spaces under "weapons", and sold it. Apparently runewords are miscellaneous though, and that category had no open spaces. Adios HoTO.

Hey Ska, long time no talk. I think instead of donating your items to me, you should come back and use them yourself, however, if thats completly out of the question, I'm sure I could put them to good use... *Talarra or *Theoretical, but if we dont meet up, thats fine... I dont play enough to really need too much more than I have. Nice to see you around again :)

-Matt

19. Valar-Wrath

Oh wow. I always wondered about that but never actually thought someone would do it. :lol:

20. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself Diabloii.Net Member

Matt, Congrats!

That's one of the best dueling stories I've ever heard. :clap:

Pure bow-down material!! Well done! :worship: :worship: :worship: