another mass (8) banning yesterday??

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member
another mass (8) banning yesterday??

I'm asking this because a friend who's brother used his account just got banned for it. And I was wondering if he was an isolated case or if there was yet another mass banning.

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm asking this because a friend who's brother used his account just got banned for it. And I was wondering if he was an isolated case or if there was yet another mass banning.

"Mass" banning? Mass of a magnitude of one...Anyways, not sure about the details, but one needs to consider the forum rules in the matter.

Take it up with the mods.

Gorny

Banned

"Mass" banning? Mass of a magnitude of one...Anyways, not sure about the details, but one needs to consider the forum rules in the matter.

Take it up with the mods.

I think Maplebarb is referring to Battle.net account bannings, and not a ban of an account on this forum.

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian
Gorny said:
I think Maplebarb is referring to Battle.net account bannings, and not a ban of an account on this forum.
In the end there can be only one!

Not quite :p

look at the rules.

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member
I was. As for the reason I didnt know if it was just his account or many others is because I dont play with people who use third party programs. So I was curious to know if anyone here had heard of others being banned.

Anyways, not sure about the details, but one needs to consider the forum rules in the matter.
look at the rules.
to both these comments all I can say is

However, the morality of using these programs is sometimes discussed and we allow these [within reason], unless it violates any other rule.
which I did not since I didnt ask where to get it, nor did I mentioned any sites to where it can be downloaded from. I simply asked if anyone had heard about bans

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member

Oh hah. I thought you meant forum account, since the original post wasn't quite clear.. and neither was the follow-up.

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member

Oh hah. I thought you meant forum account, since the original post wasn't quite clear.. and neither was the follow-up.
I was refering to bnet account. Because when he messaged me yesterday and told me what had happened ,,, well at first we didn't even know how he could have gotten banned for something he doesnt use while playing. So at first we figured he had been hacked by someone who used mh. Which made no sense since we doubted very much someone would turn mh on to simply take his items from his chars. So then we began thinking who else could have access to his account and played. And he then checked his computer since his younger brother had played the night before. thats when he found it :(. so yes the account was closed for a good reason. Shame that the reason was his brother was selfish and didnt consider all the hours he had put towards finding the equip and then lvling the chars up.