Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Another M6 question

Discussion in 'Demon Hunter' started by fourpack, Jan 20, 2015.

1. fourpack

fourpack Diabloii.Net Member

afternoon all

(6) Set: Your generators, Elemental Arrow, Chakram, Impale, Multishot, and Cluster Arrow deal 100% increased damage for every active Sentry.

so, does anyone know if there is distance limit on the damage buff from an "active" sentry?

e.g. if I'm blitzing through T6 in a group, dropping a trail of sentries as I go, will I have +500% damage up consistently from all the sentries scattered across that level, or will it be less?

I know it should be obvious from the damage numbers, but I've only been on once since the patch dropped and didn't really think about it. Bombardiers ruc upgraded to ancient first time out though.

Ta

2. tougeznut

tougeznut Diabloii.Net Member

Bump. I'm curious too.

3. korialstraz

korialstraz Diabloii.Net Site Pal

It should be level wide from what I've read. So basically what you want to do is drop all 3 sentries down for the first elite pack, and then use 1-3 sentries per elite pack depending on your damage. Ideally you wouldn't want to use more than 2 per pack, since it's always helpful to have a sentry ready to go when needed. With custom engineering you have the sentries for a minute, and you will always end up refreshing sentries fast enough to constantly have the 500% dmg bonus.

The sentries will also fire your spender from anywhere on the map, but it will not pass through walls and other obstacles, which makes it a bit easier to deal with the regen of your sentries on some maps. For instance on the desolate sands, you pretty much always have spenders from the sentries placed on the first pack hitting the second pack. Heck with good density you can even get en extra spender hit on the third pack. In other words open maps=all shots from all sentries hitting something, at least for the most part.

For hallway maps you want to try and place sentries at intersections, since you can't always tell which direction will be a dead end, and which will have an elite pack in it.

4. fourpack

fourpack Diabloii.Net Member

thanks

hoped that would be the answer, so as you said, with custom engineering relatively easy to keep 500% bonus up.

Also interesting that they will fire spenders regardless. Do we know roughly what the range of the spenders are? I know multishot is not great, for example, but are any longer?

5. korialstraz

I've seen Clustter Arrow fire from about 2-3 screens distance from sentry to the enemies, however I've also seen them fired from half way across the larger maps, if not even further away than that, but then the shots are typically blocked by something on the way to the target. But yea the range is absolutely bonkers. Playing in a game with 2-3 fire based DH's, all with 4-5 sentries 2+ screens away, and it looks like the initial CA volley is just a marker for the tactical airstrike that follows. :D

6. Romanov77a

Romanov77a Diabloii.Net Member

I am curious, currently I am running this build and I found the new Dead's Man Legacy quiver which has an insane bonus to multishot that stacks very well with 3 sentries.

Would it be better than the old 5 sentries quiver?

7. korialstraz

Wow it's been a while since last I visited this site. Whatever I say at this point probably isn't even relevant anymore, but who cares. >_>

Haven't played DH in a while, so I'm a bit out of the loop there. I can't recall ever really testing multishot for the M6 build, at least not enough to notice if they also have the same insane range that CA has, although that is really easy to test on your own.

As far as which quiver to go for, I honestly have no clue. If the MS range is as great from the sentries as CA, then I could see DML being useful. If you're asking of an M6 build with DML can compete with Unhallowed Essence or Nat's, I highly doubt it.

My suggestion: If you want to use MS, then try out the UE set. I found it to be extremely fun, although haven't had the chance to mess around with it since last season. Although if you don't care about pushing greater rifts, an M6 build with MS will no doubt get you to at least T10 when properly geared.