Another item generation question.

TheNix

Diabloii.Net Member
Another item generation question.

I've been reading Hrus' item generation thread and it has left my with a question. :rolleyes: IIRC if a specific unique item has already dropped in the game and if the item is calculated again within the same game it is automatically made into a failed unique rare. My question is, if an item has already been created as a failed unique rare, because of mlvl or what ever, is that counted as the created unique item of that type for that game.

Mursilis

Diabloii.Net Member
I would imagine that in that instance, since the unique didn't actually drop that a failed unique rare will not count as the unique dropping. Granted I have nothing to back that up with, but common sense tells me that's how it should work.

Skinhead On The MBTA

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Another item generation question.

To be honest, I reckon it's the other way round. The game tried to generate the unique, but couldn't, but I would think that since it did try to drop the unique, it would count as having dropped in that game.

Like Mursilis, I have nothing to back it up with. Maybe try in the Statistics forum.

TheNix

Diabloii.Net Member

The thing is both of these options seem perfectly valid. It's amazing what you think about when you cannot get to sleep. :tongue:

muzzz

Diabloii.Net Member

My question is, if an item has already been created as a failed unique rare, because of mlvl or what ever, is that counted as the created unique item of that type for that game.
It doesn't work that way. The game doesn't "fail" a specific item when qlvl > mlvl. After selecting base item type and quality, the it makes a list of all items of that meet those criteria and have qlvl <= mlvl. If that list is empty, it drops a failed item. The game doesn't pick a specific set/unique item until after that.