Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Another intro post

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Ravashaak, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Ravashaak

Ravashaak IncGamers Member

Another intro post

Well, I nabbed D2 and D2 LOD very close to release, and have played off and on through the years...always on bnet. I'd play for awhile, then move on to something else, only to come back later starting new characters and playing again for awhile - lather, rinse, repeat. It always got frustrating after awhile, constantly searching for 6-8 player games. Eventually, kinda like Towelie, I'd just sorta wander off.

More recently, after buying my first home and settling in somewhat, I decided to give D2 another shot. I tried bnet again, but it just seems to get worse and worse everytime I'd play again. And now the dupes are completely out of hand. Trading items was a non-option for me due to the rampant duping.

I've come to this site for years and lurked the forums, but never much here in SP. However, I did some exploring one night and it was enough to make me think SP might merit a go. So, I installed ATMA, RRM, and RWM...and I haven't looked back. I never logged into my bnet account again, and for all I know, those characters have all expired. I couldn't care less. ATMA, RRM, RWM, and the /players switch have hooked me. They've dramatically enhanced my enjoyment of D2. Who knows...maybe now I'll actually take a character past act 2 hell :laugh:

I've managed to take a meteorb sorc into her 60's so far. I haven't been pushing for levels really. Instead, I've been using her to run NM Meph for awhile and build up a solid inventory of items for different characters I plan to build. I've had much better mf results since entering SP. Since it's just NM, I haven't really gotten the true elite items. Nevertheless, I'm quite pleased with my results, and very excited about those to come. Even managed to find a nice WWS, up it, then socket it with nef and shael. I love playing bowazons, and am really looking forward to it this time. It's the best bow I have self-found...woohoo!

In any event, I've rattled on enough. Thanks to the SP community for convincing me (albeit unknowingly) into giving SP a try. I've really been missing out!

- Ravashaak

2. EnerSense

EnerSense IncGamers Member

Hi and welcome to SPF! :thumbsup: Waiting to read your Mat threads for your bowazon and Meteorb. Hope you enjoy your stay.

3. Tigereye

Tigereye IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF. Where are you from and what do you do in your spare time?

4. Ravashaak

Well, I'm originally from the Mississippi Gulf Coast, but thanks to Katrina, I live in North Carolina now. It's not all bad. North Carolina is a fantastic state.

Anyway, spare time activities include digital photography, hiking, camping, astronomy, reading, and coffee. I really dig thunderstorms (in spite of the hurricane) and I sure do miss living near the beach.

- Ravashaak

5. lachen

lachen IncGamers Member

Howdy, welcome to the SPF. :)

6. Online

Online IncGamers Member

Hi :wave: Hope you have fun here

7. Dark Matter

Dark Matter IncGamers Member

:shocked:

I thought Rava had decided to have a WoW break and play D2 for a while (we were in the same wow Guild for a while). Obviously not, as he's Dutch.

Welcome to the SPF Ravashaak.

DM

8. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

Welcome! Heres your goodie basket of baked goodness and squid repelant. Don't mind the shin kickers they mean well and it's all good.

BTW, what city were you from? my hubby's from Natchez and my folks are in Meridian; we had some friends and family along the coast.

9. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

*kick Ravashaak shin*
    welcome to the SPF!
    *steal some cookies*
    /varnish

10. pancakeman

pancakeman IncGamers Member

Yes, Nawth Cakalaki is a great place. Whereabouts are you? I myself am typing from Winston-Salem, and I have relatives scattered all over the place.

Other than that, Welcome!
    Enjoy the cookies, visit the bar and have a drink on Fist, since I don't think he is here right now. Stay away from the cabana in the back, though, I think the squid is in there.

11. Deaddave

Deaddave IncGamers Member

welcome to the mad house, i mean spf :p
    may all your items be green and gold

12. Ravashaak

Wow. Sore shins and a lighter cookie load. I see this place is living up to its reputation :cry:

Heh, anyway, before the storm I was living in Long Beach, Mississippi. Nowadays, I'm living in Hillsborough, NC.

- Ravashaak

13. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

*buries Ravashaak in cookies*

That should keep you set for a while. :grin:

14. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

That's near Pass Christian isn't it? A girl I knew from St. Paul's said she lived in Long Beach.

I'll see neumien's cookies and raise you a pecan pie.

15. Ravashaak

Long Beach is immediately East of Pass Christian.

Mmmmmm, pecan pie! I haven't had pecan pie in awhile. I need to correct that soon. :idea:

- Ravashaak

16. aman

aman Assassin Moderator

Welcome to the SPF :wave:

17. Fists of Legend

Fists of Legend IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forum.:wave: Read the stickies and enjoy your stay.

Stop my the EMB and have a drink on me sometime.