Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Another IK Conc Question.

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by SMK-79, Feb 5, 2004.

1. SMK-79

SMK-79 IncGamers Member

Another IK Conc Question.

Hey, im currently working on my first IK build, i was wondering what rings i should use, (raven, soj, bk, rare?) and what ammy to use? Also should i get base str i need or should i just get enough and let +str items boost it so i can use armor/maul?

2. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Definately one raven, for the CBF and ar, and then anything else you'd like is fine. Rare rings with stats are nice, as are blood rings (though good ones often have requirements upwards of level 96). BK is another excellent choice, and it's what I use on my personal barb.

Highlord's Wrath is just about the best amulet you can get for the barb class now. The 20% ias will help you get the frames down on your slow weapon, and the deadly strike makes it extremely powerful. Then you get that lit resist and +1 skills to boot. Sure, it doesn't have leech or +all resistances, but between quests, gear, and the natural resist skill, this shouldn't really be an issue.

You only really need to worry about getting enough str to wear your gear with items, and then you can pour the rest into vit. If you'd like to put a bit more in str for damage and to break your reliance on gear, go right ahead; since you're not using a shield and you are using maces, you won't need dex, so the points saved there can be invested in your damage stat.

-Hal

3. SMK-79

SMK-79 IncGamers Member

Thanks for your quick reply. Also im wondering if they fixed that bug that didnt show the armor when you didnt have the str req without items? hehe i wanna show it off :p

4. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

I believe that bug was when you equipped an item using str from other items, and then removed those other items. If you do that now, the item turns red and dissapears from your avatar, since you can't use it anymore. You have to have enough str to wear each piece of gear not counting the str you get from that piece itself.

So, for example, you have to have enough str to wear enigma between your base stat and all your other gear, not counting the str you get from Enigma itself...so if you had like 83 str, picked up annihilus to give you 20 more, used that str to put on an enigma archon plate, and then removed the annihilus charm, your Enigma would stop working, because it doesn't have enough str outside of itself to be worn.

-Hal

5. iceball_aarf

iceball_aarf IncGamers Member

Actually, right now it does count the str of the item itself, but if you get inside of a game and what you are using cannot be used except with it´s own bonus it will turn red... i solve this having a high stats saracen´s chance amulet in my stash, as soon as i join my game i run to the stash, swap a second the amulet and voilá all the items magically *appear* in my character :D... pretty usefull trick for base stat characters...