Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Another great loss...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by EBZeroMatrix, Mar 27, 2004.

1. EBZeroMatrix

EBZeroMatrix IncGamers Member

Another great loss...

Ahhh yes, b.net hates me, and I just have bad luck. I lost a whole tal set and 40mf chance guards.

I was mfing hell andy. Everything went fine, till I teled into a pack of afflicted and got killed. On that char I had nagel rings, magefists, war travs, my resist/mf ammy, shako, ormus, occy, and head hunter's glory. Ok so with all that on I died...ok no big deal. So I got the idea to throw on my tal set and kill the afflicteds and get my stuff back...once again, I got slaughtered, as I misguided myself and teled into them again. So I was irritated by now and decided to do a 'save and exit' so i can get my stuff back...BIG MISTAKE!

My first corspe retrieved...ok. Second one? Hmmmm, I make another game in hopes to get it back. Nothing. So I started panicking and I try to go back to the game where I died. 'Game does not exist' ....just terrific. A whole tal rasha set completley gone along with my 40% mf chancies.

I'm starting to come to terms with my fate of eventually losing everything I have earned/traded in this game. I suppose next is all of my mules are gonna disappear one day. Guess its time to make a trip to ebay to help soothe my sorrows now...

A lesson to be learned...if you die, and can't get your stuff back, just make a new game, it isin't worth risking death again by putting on new items and then dying, and making a new game, in hopes to get it all back.

2. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

true, hope u learned tat lesson. ouch, u had bad luck but give it tiem, and u'll get items back agin.. the only hard ding bout tals set is her armor and i'm still lookng fer one.

3. EBZeroMatrix

EBZeroMatrix IncGamers Member

Alright, a few hours or so later I bring better news. Things have taken quite a turn for me after I lost the 'set'. I had forgotten I had the orb on my weapon switch, so I have that, I have another belt and mask on a mule, so there's three parts, and all I was stuck with is the two hardest parts to find, tha ammy and the armor.

I was just surfing around here seeing where people have been able to get tal ammys. I got nothing from norm runs. So then I took a look at d2data.net and found that the council has a high chance of dropping rings/ammys. So to nm I went in search of a tal ammy. 2 games later found a ammy. ID'd it, telling of beads...not bad, and I needed it for its set I was trying to complete. Ok, so off I go to do more nm council runs. 2-3 more runs later, found another green ammy. Id'd it and BAM tal ammy :) .

So now I was faced with getting the armor. I can't do hell well solo with my meteorb sorc, so I decided to trade the ammy for the armor. Made game, and not more than 5 seconds later, I traded the ammy for the armor.

So now, my feeling is, is that if it was that easy finding it off of nm council runs, I'm bound to get another one soon (and then I'll finally have the full set, and now I have my lost parts). Good thing I decided against ebay :)

4. Elu's Might

Elu's Might IncGamers Member

That corpse recovery system is completely screwed up. If you die twice and both times you had had items on your characters, you are doomed. Doomed to get those items no matter the cost. Exiting means losing the items from either (or if there are many, all but one) corpse. Though nowadays I play with only one chance to die... (HCL)

To me it happened about the same way. I was helping a guy through Hell Ancients (far back when I still was SC). I restarted in town, took alot of stuff from stash and equipped them. Ancients WP, Summit. Died very soon again, now there were two corpses.

Save & Exit + Forgot the Corpse Recovery system = :(

Losses: Beast in Ettin Axe, Tal Armor, Mara's (cant remember %), 2*Soj, etc... I just had too valuable stuff on the first corpse. Many hours of work down the drain :)

EDIT: In 1.09 it was easier, you fountained all your items to the ground if you took another set of stuff from stash and died :) That's why no one attemted to recover lost corpses.