Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Another great deal..

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by pancakeman, Oct 22, 2006.

1. pancakeman

pancakeman IncGamers Member

Another great deal..

Inspired by Longhorn's thread, I must post what I believe is the best deal I have ever gotten:
    I needed to buy one of those low baby gates to keep the dogs in one end of the house while the carpets were cleaned. I headed for Home Depot first, assuming that they might have something. A baby gate was located, but there was only one, with no price tag on it. I took it up to the counter anyway, and the attendant scanned the item. $0.01. She scanned it again. One cent. She called over the manage, who scanned it, and said "It's almost closing time, let him have it". So I got a baby gate for a penny.

I couldn't believe my luck at that, but now a couple weeks later, the gate still works like a charm. Maybe I should go to Home Depot strictly at 5:59 now...

2. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

This story reminds me of something that happened to me when I was like...9. At that time, I was way into the Legos. Yah, whatever. So anyways, I got a pack of the legos at the super market, and slipped them into the checkout aisle for my Dad to pay for. Of course he noticed (I wasn't very sly at 9), but when the dude went to check it out, the computer showed $319.99. Apparently they had screwed up the tags. The manager was called over, and I ended up getting it for free! I was so happy.

3. Ace_wanderer

Ace_wanderer IncGamers Member

Hahah, you lucky bastard. When I was a kid I always wanted to buy some toys but all I ever got were some crappy 2 dollar ones.

4. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Luckily I never grew up so now I can enjoy Lego and afford it, too.

5. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

Well, that was a nice little deal.

A few weeks back at Target, I was buying some things for my dorm room. There were two small chairs, that were originally $15 each. They're hard to describe - I've never actually seen them before, but they don't have legs. They can be placed directly on the floor, and they have a back-rest.

Bad description, but nonetheless, they were on sale for $5.00 each, but when I brought them to the checkout, they rang up at $1.98.

6. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Were they hard-backed or kinda...squishy? FYI, bean bag chairs rock. Hax two and use those! (just don't get polyethylene foam. That stuff freakin' burns down your entire dorm if you look at it).